PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

for Ponytalk and all re: exiled players

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

for Ponytalk and all re: exiled players

Postby kanucklehead » Mon Dec 10, 2001 4:22 pm

I share your belief that Leroy Price is one of the top athletes on the team and wonder what happened to him late in the season. The only info I saw was that he was in the doghouse after midseason and he never played again. When that happens, it often leads to a transfer, but with the new coach, he can either "adopt" the old players and give them a clean slate, or he can focus on developing all young guys and forget a lot of juniors and seniors. What do you think?
kanucklehead

Re: for Ponytalk and all re: exiled players

Postby Grider » Mon Dec 10, 2001 4:39 pm

Based upon what Bennett has stated, he wants to win right away. To do that he is going to need the best, most experienced athletes on the field to win. I think he'll probably adopt and give a clean slate. "Coaching is overrated," is a quote from Bennett that comes to mind. Not to take that statement out of context, but I do think it is evidence of what we're going to see from the head coach.

That being said, however, I do think he is a no B.S. kinda guy who will not tolerate troublemakers.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Re: for Ponytalk and all re: exiled players

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2001 10:46 pm

I've always thought Leroy Price has the potential to be a great -- not good, but great -- player. Hope Coach Bennett thinks the same, and that he approaches all the players with an open mind. What's past is in the past, whether it's a player who didn't play through an injury, skipped class .... whatever. Everyone starts with a clean slate.

Return to Football