PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Asst. Coach Announcements

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Asst. Coach Announcements

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:16 pm

Weren't they supposed to be announcing some of the new coaches today? Does anyone know when? Will there be a press conference??

Anybody going to the Mustang Club social at Ozona tonight?
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: Asst. Coach Announcements

Postby PK » Mon Dec 10, 2001 7:34 pm

I'm going to try to be there for at least part of the time..
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Dec 10, 2001 10:44 pm

Rumor is that Giles and Ringo made the cut, but that they are the only two who will be retained. Good to keep them - they're great assets. Would have liked to see Schumann and Belin retained, too.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2001 11:04 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ClassOf81:
<B>Rumor is that Giles and Ringo made the cut, but that they are the only two who will be retained. Good to keep them - they're great assets. Would have liked to see Schumann and Belin retained, too.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to a reliable source Coach Giles and Coach Ringo are the only two that made the cut.

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:21 pm

PK,

Did you go? What were your impressions??

Sorry I didn't make it. Mrs. Punch didn't get home in time (ooh, big surprise there).
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyExpress » Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:29 pm

Could you not go without Mrs. Punch? Maybe leave her a note telling her you're going to meet Coach Bennett? You could have offered to bring dinner home to her. Priorities, priorities!
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:48 pm

Unfortunately, thanks to traffic on 635, I missed the Coach's statements. According to those that I talked to who had heard his remarks, he did not announce who his assistants were going to be, but was very upbeat and enthusiastic. Good news is that coach Giles and coach Ringo were there. BUS was there, maybe he will further enlighten us.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Dec 11, 2001 10:08 pm

Any word on the coaching staff yet?
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Return to Football