PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Video of QB Jordan Reever

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ponyboy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:51 pm

jtstang wrote:Kiss off, sunshine.

You can call me all the names you want, pal. But you can kiss my a$s for defending my school and the men who suit up in blue and red. Your little sarcasm act is getting old.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jtstang » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:18 pm

Of all the names I'd like to call you , "pal" isn't on the list. And where did I suggest anything about you defending your school sunshine? Mine was merely in response to your post attacking me as "stupid." Oh the irony when actually I am the one with the clarity of thought to post more intelligently than you on the true status of SMU football.
jtstang

Postby ponyboy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:12 pm

I apologize, jt. I misread your original thought and you have a legitimate point that a greater need at this point is for pass protection rather than another QB. You're right. Sorry.
ponyboy

Postby Dooby » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:29 pm

We need improved talent at just about every position, including QB and O-line. That goes without saying. Maybe that is why I keep thinking Romo may be the best QB option as he appears to date to be a better passer than Phillips and is for sure a better runner than Eckert.

I take solace in the fact that all the size on the O-line lies with the underclassmen. If you sort last year's roster by weight, you will see all the players with size are freshman and sophmores. The only, and I mean only, exception is Brad Kieschnick at 290 who will be a senior this year. I think it is fair to expect a little more meat on their bones in 2005.

But the best O-line in america can't pass protect forever. Eventually, the defense gets to the QB. We need receivers that can get open, too. Oh, and we need a RB that can hit the hole with speed.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Buddha » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:49 pm

I think that 290 for Kieschnick might be a little generous. He looks significantly smaller than some of the other (O and D) linemen, like Bonds, Boren, Burley .... any lineman whose name starts with B, apparently.

Somewhere Charlie Berry is weighing himself.
Buddha
All-American

Postby Dooby » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:14 pm

Buddha wrote:I think that 290 for Kieschnick might be a little generous. He looks significantly smaller than some of the other (O and D) linemen, like Bonds, Boren, Burley .... any lineman whose name starts with B, apparently.

I don't think too much about it. It is like how every 5'10" guy in america says he is 6'. Everybody fudges a little and it comes out in the wash.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HorsePower » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:29 pm

Buddha wrote:I think that 290 for Kieschnick might be a little generous. He looks significantly smaller than some of the other (O and D) linemen, like Bonds, Boren, Burley .... any lineman whose name starts with B, apparently.

That's pretty good. I don't think Charlie eats from the same line at the buffet as those other guys.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:00 pm

JT is right. Big uglies win games. Where is Bus when you need him?
OldPony
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football