PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

sanders

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

sanders

Postby happydad » Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:08 am

if sanders was so good, how come he did not take his "I-AA" team to the playoffs. Heck, did they even have a winning record? He was a great high school QB who has done an awesome job in self promotion. There are lots of teams that keep qbs around for the practice squad till the last minute.

Snack facts

Smu victories-few
1aa playoffs- none

great guy, but lets not make him in to something he is not.
happydad

Re: sanders

Postby stang_a_holic » Fri Dec 14, 2001 12:11 pm

Lets break down the basics of football:
Football is a TEAM sport. Just b/c Sanders didn't win every game that he was a part of doen't mean that he wasn't a good QB.

"There are lots of teams that keep qbs around for the practice squad till the last minute."
Yeah..it is really easy to even make the practice squad. Hell I think that the NFL just gives positions away to every formerly great high school QB's that do a great job at self promotion.

Bottom line: If you want to talk about Saneders and SMU football then take it for someone that was out on the field with him. He is a good QB and I believe that if he stayed at SMU..SMU would have won more games with him than without him.
stang_a_holic

Re: sanders

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 14, 2001 12:34 pm

I agree stangaholic.....

god i hope smu does not have the same qb curse a$m has.

Return to Football