PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Our chance to help PonyFans.com

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Our chance to help PonyFans.com

Postby Pony4Life » Tue Aug 15, 2000 11:47 am

I talked with Mr. Bigshot/Moderator PonyPride the other day, and he tried to explain to me how the website works. But since computers and Internet languarge makes me feel about as intelligent as George W. Bush at a convention of nuclear physicists, there was a lot I didn't understand.

However, what I DID understand is that the advertisers at the top of the pages make this site go, and allow it to remain free to all PonyFans. We need to help keep it that way. All the features and stories and photos that appear on this site cost someone, and we need to help the website recoup its expenses.

So here's the deal. It's been said before, but all PonyFans need to make a conscious effort to click on ads EVERY day. From what I understand, each ad can be clicked once a day (per computer). For each ad that gets clicked, PonyFans.com profits. The PonyFans.com staff does not operate this site because of a desire for wealth -- this site is here because there are SMU fans who want to provide the best coverage possible of SMU athletics to the Mustangs' stable of loyal, passionate fans.

I have now started to visit PonyFans.com first thing when I get to the office each morning, and every time a new ad appears, I click on it (once per ad per day), realizing that there is a different rotation of ads on the "inside" pages (like the message boards) than the rotation that appears on the home page. Then, when I see my co-workers head downstairs for a smoke, I jump on their computers and click as many ads as possible.

I want to encourage all PonyFans to do the same thing. I think we all appreciate the increase in SMU sports news that we get through this site, either from tthe stories that are written here or from the time the moderators spend reading other papers and creating links to stories in other publications. They do a great service for those of us who are SMU fans, and I think we owe it to them to help them as much as we can. PonyPride assures me that there are more features that will be added to this site soon, so let's all do our part.

Click every ad, wear your PonyFans.com shirt and tell everyone you know about this site -- I know I will.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Re: Our chance to help PonyFans.com

Postby GrapevineMustang » Tue Aug 15, 2000 4:42 pm

I have access to 8 or 9 computers in my office. I'll be on there every day (if possible) to click ads. This site is the best source of SMU info that I know of, and I'll do my part. Anyone else?
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Re: Our chance to help PonyFans.com

Postby MustangMan » Wed Aug 16, 2000 10:51 am

I've hit 16 or 17 on my computer this morning, and when my boss goes outside for a smoke, I'm going to get on his computer and do the same.

Great idea - hope this helps. Keep up the great work.
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football