PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Will Frogs Find Rivals In West?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Give me a break

Postby JDCougar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:36 pm

Oh sure, MrMustang, we are shaking in our boots because of all the Houston based SMU alumni that will pack in our stadium :cry:

GIVE ME A BREAK!

I'm sure we'll be lucky to see more than a few hundred pony fans in the stands. So I don't think it is really necessary to move the game to reliant.

Lasty, you can talk all you want about "Cougar High" this and commuter school that .....

but it will just make it that much better when our 5A school from the "swamp" whips ya'lls butt!
JDCougar

Postby PK » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:20 pm

Cool...it's smack time! 8)
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Give me a break

Postby Dooby » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:28 pm

JDCougar wrote:Oh sure, MrMustang, we are shaking in our boots because of all the Houston based SMU alumni that will pack in our stadium :cry:

GIVE ME A BREAK!

I'm sure we'll be lucky to see more than a few hundred pony fans in the stands. So I don't think it is really necessary to move the game to reliant.

Lasty, you can talk all you want about "Cougar High" this and commuter school that .....

but it will just make it that much better when our 5A school from the "swamp" whips ya'lls butt!

That is not a denial. John O'Quinn's money would have been better spent on a chauffeur, maybe then he wouldn't get pulled over for so many DWI's.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:35 pm

Last time we went to ROBertson Stadium, you needed someone to lay cover fire, as you ran for your life into that dump! Run and Shoot INDEED!!!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby MrMustang1965 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:41 pm

JDCougar wrote:Oh sure, MrMustang, we are shaking in our boots because of all the Houston based SMU alumni that will pack in our stadium :cry:

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Not so fast there, my friend. If you drive to the northern suburb of Spring and the northwestern suburb of Cypress-Fairbanks, you'll see quite a few SMU stickers on the cars around there. Also, the Dallas faithful will be bringing a good contingent down Interstate 45 for the game. Yes, I was being 'sarcastic' about Reliant Stadium...but we'll have more than 'a few hundred' in the stands...especially since there are some Mustang fans on this board who want to try out a few hamburger joints that have been mentioned in the thread "Burger Wars". Check it out. GO MUSTANGS! BEAT THE EVER LIVIN' CRAP OUTTA THE COUGARS!
MrMustang1965

Postby BrianTinBigD » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:24 pm

GIVE ME A BREAK!

So the 200 SMU fans that show up combined with the local parolees that will be attending should push the attendance to close to 1,000.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:32 pm

BrianTinBigD wrote:GIVE ME A BREAK!

So the 200 SMU fans that show up combined with the local parolees that will be attending should push the attendance to close to 1,000.
So...will YOU be driving down I-45 from Allen to Houston?
MrMustang1965

Postby Dooby » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm

I will be making the 4 hour trek south for sure. Joe, if you read this, we are staying at your house. Thanks for the offer you have not extended yet.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:58 pm

OO now that he's saying this, time to find as many people as I can to come with me.

I know for sure at the moment 3 with me, plus my SMU Flag :wink:
Mustangs35SMU

C-USA West SMACK

Postby JDCougar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:20 pm

It's about time we got some good C-USA West SMACK going. It was getting a little boring around here.

I hope you guys bring a good crowd down to Houston. It will make the game much more interesting.

Go Coogs!
JDCougar

Re: C-USA West SMACK

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:45 pm

JDCougar wrote:It's about time we got some good C-USA West SMACK going. It was getting a little boring around here.

I hope you guys bring a good crowd down to Houston. It will make the game much more interesting.

Go Coogs!
Houston = boring. Yeah, no argument from me. ;)
MrMustang1965

Postby Frog03 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:19 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Last time we went to ROBertson Stadium, you needed someone to lay cover fire, as you ran for your life into that dump! Run and Shoot INDEED!!!

Since its probably been a while since any SMU fans have been there, I can personally vouch for this statements validity.
Frog03

Postby Dooby » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:47 am

On a semi-related topic, I look forward to having a game in Houston every year. I think that is a good thing. It is good to be able to tell Houston recruits that we weill play in their hometown every year.

On a semi-semi-related note, am I the only one ticked we play Tulane at home this year? Can we all agree that we should play that game in New Orleans every year? Would that be that bad?
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jtstang » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:10 am

Dooby wrote:On a semi-semi-related note, am I the only one ticked we play Tulane at home this year? Can we all agree that we should play that game in New Orleans every year? Would that be that bad?

I agree, and yes it would be bad--for my liver, anyway...
jtstang

Postby Water Pony » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:05 am

I would spilt the driving difference and play home and home in Nacogdoches, TX and Natchitoches, LA on alternating years.

:lol:
Pony Up
Water Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football