PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UTEP signs home and home series with Texas Tech

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UTEP signs home and home series with Texas Tech

Postby UTEPDallas » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:15 am

Mike Price vs Mike Leach

UTEP signed a home and home series with Texas Tech last week. The series will start in 2006 at El Paso and the following year will be at Lubbock. Should be an interesting game. Hopefully, the Miners will win both games. Go Miners!!!!!!

UTEP already has a basketball contract with Texas Tech.....they play at each other's gym every other year. Last year the game was in El Paso...this year will in Lubbock. The series started in 2000 and runs until 2008 (I think)...

I've heard many SMU, TCU, Texas, A&M and Baylor fans say Tech fans are the most vulgar, obnoxious and annoying fans in the state of Texas. So far, they've good fans in basketball.....but maybe they're another breed in football. If it's true...us UTEP fans will join the rest of you in our hatred towards Tech (at least in FB)...

Have a nice day Mustangs and I can't wait for the UTEP-SMU game this November...I'll be there.
UTEP Miners fan in Uptown Dallas

UTEP - "Our Time Is Now"
UTEPDallas

Postby EastStang » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:50 am

Their coaches are a piece of work, but we've had pretty good relations with their fans because they seem to have pretty good senses of humor. Their football coach tries to run up the score and Knight has temper tantrums when we beat them. They get a little riled when you call them Sand Aggies, but other than that, they are kind of fun.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:38 pm

that's a natural series for UTEP. Keep playing UNM and NMSU and mix in TTech or an Arizona/ASU series and I'd say UTEP can add a nice regional flavor to their schedule to supplement the CUSA west teams
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football