PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

new jerseys

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Danny Noonan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:46 pm

smuwins wrote:Ill have to be the one that goes against all you old people. The truth is jerseys do matter to new recruits and current players. Yes I agree that the tradition of SMU is important and special but look at teams like Miami and Nebraska who have "modernized" their jerseys and created a little attention. Maybe, if anything, this will provide a little attention to the program and I think we could use all that we can get. Also, I have talked to many players and they all seem to love the new jerseys. Its not like the ones we have had the past two years are the same as the traditional SMU jersey anyway. I think this will help pull in recruits and make the players happy.

Let me guess, you, like many others on this board, work for the school. You joined just this week to get on here and put a positive slant on the new uniforms. Maybe if you had more than 6 posts we could take your opinion as something other than propaganda.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."
Danny Noonan
Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:09 pm

I cannot wait to see what the UT and UCLA football boys picked for their jersey this year. And you know LSU always comes up with something snazzy that the players voted on. I think OU will be conducting their voting soon, along with Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss and Ohio State. You got a ways to go, Newbie.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Caballo » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:28 pm

Does this really come as a surprise to anyone? When was the last year we did not make one change to our uniforms?

That's our tradition, we change the design of our uniforms yearly.
Caballo
All-American

Old School Convert

Postby Boston Pony » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:33 pm

Guess what folks, I don't care about the unis, just what's in them. I can't assume that changing unis matters, however it gets as more interest from top recruits... do it! I assume you guys are wanting to complain about everything and think only about the past...time to move on
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby SMUnick » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:33 pm

"Lets do a little study- I bet the top teams in the country do not jack with Uniforms in a major way. USC, OU and Texas have looked the same for years and they have all the recruits they can handle".....USC just changed their jerseys 4 years ago buddy. "Top teams in the country"?? So I guess your not considering MIAMI a top team in this country... I guess you dont consider MICHIGAN a top team. And i guess you think other programs such as Cal, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Maryland are slouch programs as well.
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby SMUnick » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:44 pm

I hate... HATE the new "secondary" logos. However, i agree with smuwins about the new jersies. I think the new jersies do appeal to recruits and young fans. Besides, SMU has changed their jerseys so much its not a big deal if they change it again.
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:45 pm

I must say that I agree with Stallion on this one.
RGV Pony

Postby jtstang » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:56 pm

Will it really matter what jerseys we're wearing when we are 0-5 in October?

The kind of recruits we are attracting by changing our uniforms every year AIN'T HELPING.
jtstang

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:08 pm

or if we are 3-2 in October?
Treadway21

Postby SMUnick » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:11 pm

The players are "happy".... thats a good thing.
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:27 pm

I don't want players to be happy. I want them ticked off with a big chip on their shoulders. I want them ready to eat nails they are so angry. I want them to hate their coaches and take that hate out on their opponents. 3-8 last year. They better come out breathing fire. Love and happiness can come later. Eat Bear meat and Saute Frog legs. Send Reville to china town.
EastStang

Postby jtstang » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:30 pm

EastStang wrote:I don't want players to be happy. I want them ticked off with a big chip on their shoulders.

Maybe we should dress them in pastels.
jtstang

Postby SMUnick » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:34 pm

haha in that case we should just put them on the field with rainbow jersies.
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:37 pm

This sounds like another fiasco like the time we got those jerseys cheap
from the NY Jets. Their equipment manager had goofed, and checked
the 'red' box instead of green when he ordered new unis.

Somebody important must care about uniforms cause we never did see
those stupid Jets jerseys again after that first game of the season against
Arkansas. :roll:
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUnick » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:51 pm

Can someone tell me how many different jersies we have had in the last 30 or so years??? (new helmets, pants, etc...)
SMUnick
Scout Team

PreviousNext

Return to Football