PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Football Dominates 7 0n 7 tournament

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Ikus » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:15 pm

Amazing. Before spring ball, some were calling Phillips a savior .... now people (not all) want to send him packing?
Truly amazing. Let him show in 2-a-days what he can do, and what he still needs to improve on. Chris is a really good kid who gave all PonyFans a jolt of optimism when he single-handedly kept us in the TCU game in his freshman season. I don't know how hurt his shoulder was, and neither does anyone on this board. I'm not saying he should start over Romo or Eckert, but what say we stand by him a little longer?
Ikus
Heisman

Postby jtstang » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:57 pm

I don't want to send him packing. I want him starting.
jtstang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySoprano » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:32 pm

Its totally in Chris Phillips' hands if he wants to be the starter. All he needs to do is to put the time in the weight room, study film, get more familiar with the offense, and work out with his teammates - especially the receivers (i.e., 7 on 7 drills).

Even if he doesn't start this year, he is in a great position where he could spend this year learning the offense and improving his arm strength and accuracy, and then next year he comes back as a junior and the only QB that has started a game.
PonySoprano
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:19 pm

while we are speculating-are we sure he has complete clearance by his medical doctors. Much as a baseball pitcher with rotar cuff surgery might be limited to a certain number of pitches is it a possibility that it has been recommended that he limit his throw in any way?
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football