PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DeMyron Martin?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

DeMyron Martin?

Postby thatpony » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:44 pm

Whats the news about DeMyron? Is he in the run for a starting spot? Does he bring anything to the table that the other RBs dont? Is he even D-1 material?
thatpony

Postby BUS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:42 pm

Div 1. Yes
Look at the size, build and speed. I am excited to see this guy and I sure hope he gets some good holes to crank up the speed and be gone.

He will have his chance at SMU and from what I remember from taling to him... He and his family are good people.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SWC2010 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:17 pm

DeMyron is a 'sleeper'. He played on defense as a Jr. (AHS), & didn't get followed or the recognition he deserved until late in his Sr. season (fortunately for us).

From the practices & scrimmages Ive watched I like his forward tilt/lean-- the pile moves when he hits. IMHO, he will be a viable alternative to the scat-back type RB's we have.
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby PonyPride » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:48 pm

Interesting that you like his forward lean. I thought his rep was that he ran really upright, a la Eric Dickerson.
But watching him in practice, you're right -- he can move a pile (and that was with a still-sore knee, I think). Powerful young man.
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby giacfsp » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:08 am

Franocchio did everything in his power to get Martin to A&M. By all accounts, he's a very legitimate talent. I look forward to seeing him run the ball.
giacfsp
Heisman

Return to Football