PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CUSA's SMU Preview

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

CUSA's SMU Preview

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:35 pm

couple of interesting items. A walk-on Frosh going to be our deep snapper?

http://conferenceusa.collegesports.com/ ... 05aaa.html
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUnick » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:13 pm

If you were an outsider, you would think that SMU is a contender for the ConfUSA title! lol
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:50 pm

Is nobody concerned that in a year when we have experienced seniors handling the punting/kicking duties, we might have a walk on frosh delivering the ball? Why do I have visions of "adventures in the kicking game" this year?
Charleston Pony

Postby abezontar » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:50 am

cause our kicking game is always somewhat questionable at the start of the season...sometimes they do well, and then the next year the same guys will struggle, then be good again the following year....you just never know.....the sad thing is I have seen quite a few games in my tenure as and SMU fan come down to a missed field goal
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 pm

That article makes us sound like we could be in a bowl game or as someone said about compete for the CUSA Title.

That would definately be an improvement from last season. I would love for us to shoot off 6 or 7 wins this season but I dont think it'll happen. I do think we can go 5-6. I would be surprised that we are 5-6. 4-7 is more likely with us improving more in the 2006 season.

If we're 3-8 again and/or 2-9..definately see ya later Bennett...Well actually no I wouldnt since you wouldnt be here anymore.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby abezontar » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:48 am

what would be the point, they would just bring in some other unproven coach with the hope that this time things would be different. They wouldn't, and 4-5 years later we would be starting the hiring process all over again.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smuwins » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:12 am

I think the kicking game will be good this year, Mentzel is a good punter and will be fine if they can keep the pressure off of him. Mcmurtray had a great year last year and showed he is a potential all conference player in the spring. The kicking game might be our be our greatest strength this year if Keischnik/Pelton/the kid from southlake, can develope as a snapper.
smuwins
Junior Varsity

Return to Football