PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Congrats to Coach Bennett and his new Family!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Congrats to Coach Bennett and his new Family!

Postby WorldStang » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:25 am

By the way webmaster.. this and other posts would be great to post in something other than "Football" message board. I vote for an extra forum added.. call it something like.. "Around the Hilltop" or something. Band reviews and other misc. things can be discussed.

Looks like he tied the knot recently.. congrats!

If Dallas-area bachelorettes seem a little sadder these days, maybe it's because SMU football coach Phil Bennett – swell guy, makes good money, dotes on his kids – is off the market.

The Mustangs football coach recently married Julie White, who previously lived in College Station. They met long ago when he was an assistant at Texas A&M, but they never knew each other that well until more recently.

Bennett's family has subsequently doubled in size. He has two children, Sam and Maddie. (His first wife died in 1999.) Now, White's children, Katie and Megan, have joined the extended SMU family.

Katie already has been accepted at Baylor on a soccer scholarship. What does that mean for the new family when it's Bears vs. Mustangs on Sept. 3?

"She's already told me she's going to root for the Mustangs that day," Bennett said.
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby CalallenStang » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:54 pm

Congrats to Coach and Mrs. Bennett, and I also will take the time to second the motion for a General Board
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:52 pm

CalallenStang wrote:I also will take the time to second the motion for a General Board

I'll third it...

Congrats to the Bennett Family
Mustangs35SMU

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:28 pm

Congrats to Coach Bennett!! He is a genuine person and a great guy! I wish you and your wife all the best!
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby giacfsp » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:07 pm

Add me to the list -- Congratulations, Coach!
Here's to you, your new bride and the kids.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby oakley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:34 pm

sorry to say this but... it's plain dumb to think any parents would root against their own daughter when she plays the school that employs her stepfather.

of course her parents will root for her and her team, no matter if it is satan and hell's angels.
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:48 am

why would you post some mundane "congrats coach b" on this web site anyway? I say no more "congrats to Coach B", or "our prayers are with Coach Stram, etc., etc. e-mails....do you think those people read this? Are you doing it out of sincerity or to see your name on the post board? I think all the worthless congrats, way to go, our prayers are with, my hats off to, etc., etc., etc. emails are more mind numbing than your concerns / desires for an extra forum....get real.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:56 am

HixsontoLeVias wrote:why would you post some mundane "congrats coach b" on this web site anyway? I say no more "congrats to Coach B", or "our prayers are with Coach Stram, etc., etc. e-mails....do you think those people read this? Are you doing it out of sincerity or to see your name on the post board? I think all the worthless congrats, way to go, our prayers are with, my hats off to, etc., etc., etc. emails are more mind numbing than your concerns / desires for an extra forum....get real.

Well aren't you Mr.Warm and Fuzzy?! I think Bennett does read this and I truly congratulate a man who has found a soulmate after losing his wife and raising two kids by himself. I can't imagine raising kids by yourself while being a college head coach. You know some stuff is more important than even football.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby BUS » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:15 pm

Really, someone must have whizzed in Hixon to Levias' corn flakes this morning.

Congrats Coach :D
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby jtstang » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:06 pm

Dear Coach Bennett,

If you really do read this stuff, then congrats, and I hope you're happy in your personal life.

As for your professional life, start Phillips at QB or I fear you risk running off our hope for the future. Also, why don't we have any early signees for the next recruiting class? Are we forever destined to pick over the leftovers with the spare programs? And why don't you throw down the field more? Is it because we have a porous O-line when it comes to pass blocking? Also, please win at least 5 this year, for the sunshiners.

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful response.
jtstang

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:24 pm

funny. but seriously, if its even close, Phillips has to be the starter. He's more mobile, athletic and younger. Not to mention he has some experience. In fact, he took the brunt against the better teams we play like OK State, TCU and Tech.
Hoop Fan

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:41 pm

on the other hand he'd make a great 4th string TE- huh Coach?
Stallion

Return to Football