PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

#36 Doak Walker Day at SMU (1998)

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

#36 Doak Walker Day at SMU (1998)

Postby PK » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:21 pm

PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dooby » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Stallion is gonna have a field day with this one.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:45 pm

It's a reach, at best.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySoprano » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:17 pm

Yes, the game itself is a reach. However, I might be wrong, but I think that might be our only win against over a Bowl winning team since the DP (TCU went to the Sun Bowl that year and beat USC).
PonySoprano
Heisman

Postby Billy Joe » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:13 pm

Billy Joe was at that game and it was one of the best SMU games old Billy Joe has attended. The TCU team had a lot of hype and promise surrounding it with Fran coaching. TCU was the heavy favorite but SMU refused to make the mistakes we have seen them make time and time again. I remember the Adams break away run like it was yesterday. I think the game may be ranked a little too high though. I would have ranked it in the eighties or nineties range. I thought after this game maybe, just maybe, SMU's losing ways were over. However, the administrations' anti-competitive athletic policies said otherwise.
Billy Joe
All-American

Return to Football