PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Total Access Preview..

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mustang Total Access Preview..

Postby WorldStang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:42 am

http://smumustangs.collegesports.com/multimedia/smu-multimedia.html

Pretty cool preview.. gets you ready for football. Nice music with it..
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:08 am

11-0 Baby! You are always Undefeated in the Highlite Reel. Pretty cool nonetheless.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby WorldStang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:14 am

No predictions, no hype from me..

Just fun clips to watch.. and try not to notice all the flags being thrown on some of the long plays that were called back. :roll:
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:29 am

Has our legal crew so created an atmosphere that we're automatically apologizing for our excitement about the upcoming season? Don't let the lonely guys get you down.

GO MUSTANGS!
ponyboy

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:37 am

that's why I've often said that instead of your usual post and predictions which inevitably make you look like a fool-you should just come on here and do a cheer. Rah! Rah!
Stallion

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:44 pm

I do have this advantage over you: I only look like a fool once a year.
ponyboy

Postby RE Tycoon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:06 pm

Why do we have little girls cheering on the sidelines, that is so freakin bush league. No wonder we don't have any commitments were not running a college program here were running a day care center. I don't know of a high school in this country that allows that crap, let alone a D-1 (supposed) football program. Besides being utterly unprofessional it's dangerous. Wait until one of those poor five year old girls gets mowed down by a 220 pound or bigger run away train, now we have a law suit to deal with. I've been an alum for one year and I'm already jaded. It's crap like this that makes me wonder if there is anyone at the wheel. I haven't been on the bash Copeland train, but it's stuff like this that makes me say can his [deleted]. I realize it's probably not something that he suggested, but when his fat [deleted] touches his club level chair and he sees those girls on the sideline he should get on the horn with his marketing guru Shawn (great guy by the way) and yank those girls off the field. I don't care if their parents get pissed I will gladly [deleted] off ten parents if the trade off is a professionally run program
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby KnuckleStang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:19 pm

So what you're saying is, you don't like children?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't complain too much about kids being at our games, whether they're dressed up like cheerleaders, or what. Having them run on with the team looks better than having them not there at all. IMHO.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby RE Tycoon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:58 pm

I'm 24, young and idealistic, of course I hate children. I think they ruin your life, but then again I'm 24 what do I know. I'm sure when I grow up and take the death march known as marriage and Mrs. Current STUDent is popping out rugrats left and right I might like children.

At first I just wanted the little girl cheerleaders gone becasue it smacks of pop warner, but the more I thought about, it's dangerous. When that guy got hit in the head with that goal post last year, that was bad...and disturbing to see. I don't want this years catastrophe to be a 5 year unconscious on the sideline.

2003-Endzone fire
2004-Goal Post knockout
2005-unconscious cheerleading squad?

That was a great video, very long. I don't know about you people but I had to take two [deleted] breaks. After watching that, how did we not go undefeated and beat USC in the National Championship game? I wish we played the team with the gold pants and helmets (Tulsa? hard to tell in that video) every game. I shutter to think of our opponenets "highlight" reels. I guarantee we make an appearnce more than once.
Most of the video in that little show was from our cameras (closed circuit within Ford, coaches tapes, etc.) I don't see why we can't make a quick cut of the highlights of the game and send them to each station after the game for the sportscast that night. The TV people usually have the crappy angles from the endzone and leave by halftime. I'm sure they would give us more airtime if they had the footage. Hell, just "Special Delivery" it over to the stations after every game.
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 pm

go back and read the story about Doak Walker. Said he grew up near campus and used to idolize Bobby Wilson on the 1935 team. Said Wilson and Walker used to throw the ball around on the sidelines during practice. Said when it came time to commit to Texas he couldn't do it because his heart was with SMU. That's why you keep as many kids involved as possible because they might grow up to be Doak Walker or another example Lance McIllhenny et al and lead SMU to a championship instead of guys like Stafford and Olson who are going off to Tech and Georgia. Or they might grow up to marry a President. As far as i'm concerned I'd like to see as many kids involved as possible. I love it when TCU allows kids on the field to make a tunnel for the entrance of the players. This same philosophy is why I wouldn't mind if the alumni band played in the stands at every game not just Homecoming. A school like SMU MUST do everything possible to keep as many people with connections with the school as possible.
Stallion

Postby mrydel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:02 pm

Remember also that each of those kids brings with them parents, neighbors, relatives, and friends to see them on the sideline. Many of those folks do not care about the game but want to see little Susie perform. That gets butts in the seats when we need them and possibly some of them may develop into returning fans.
mrydel

Postby RE Tycoon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:04 pm

I'm all for kids forming a tunnel when the guys run out, hell let them be ball boy/girls fielding punts and field goals. Give them an area on the sideline where they can watch the game up close, I'm all for that. I agree we need kids growing up with SMU so we foster some loyalty. I also think there is a line that needs to be drawn for professionalisms' sake (yes it's a word, I looked it up). And if Joe Blow fan catches an SMU game one Saturday I think it makes our school look bad if we have little girls cheering on the sideline, that goes for the ball boys at basketball games putting on a shooting expedition at half time. SMU may never again be a athletics juggernaut, but at least we can act like we belong.
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:07 pm

It sure does not hurt Arkansas to have little sow piglets working the sideline in little Arkansas Cheerleader outfits.
mrydel

Postby KnuckleStang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Hear ya screaming, CurrentStudent. But admit it, if our team was beating the hell out of people, you wouldn't care about, or even notice, those little girls in cheerleader outfits. You'd be talking about how cute they all are, and only after someone pointed them out to you.

I say thank GOD for those kids running across the field. We don't deserve them, and yet they still come. Glad somebody's having fun at the games.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 pm

What gives? I checked the link at lunch, and saw it had a 19minute highlight reel. I figured I'd check it out tonight. Looks like they removed the link to the 'preview.'
RGV Pony

Next

Return to Football