PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MisPrint?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

MisPrint?

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Opened my Sunday morning Memphis Commercial Appeal to find an article about the "new" C-USA. C-USA media week kicks off today in Memphis....anyway, only reference to SMU in the article was something like.."SMU, having dropped 29 out of 35 games over the lst 3 years.." Surely, this is a mis print?? Not being the stellar stat guy, what is our true record over the last 3 years?? Long Live Lott.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:26 pm

The DMN is correct.

The Phil Bennett Era:
2002- 3-9
2003- 0-12
2004- 3-8
Total- 6-29
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:52 pm

Blog, in case you haven't followed this board forever, Hixson is well aware of the recent record, he's playin you like fiddle. He was posting that for effect, in that he seems to want everybody else to come to the 'we suck bad and always will, so why bother' conclusion that he has. Not that there's anything wrong with that, to each his own.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:05 pm

SORRY, Hoop Fan, not the case...my media guide is the 2000 edition...I don't pour over the PDF files in the football section of the Mustang web site...when I read that we had dropped 29 out of 35, I was truly schocked.."this can't be right". I know we have sucked, as you say, but I honestly found 6 and 29 not to "sound" right....can't a guy "change", I can't do anything or say anything around here without people like you thinking I have some long thought out clandestine motives?? LongLive Hop Fan. :?
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:14 pm

easy there Ole Hix, I said not that there's anything wrong with that. I dont blame anybody for being a little cranky about this thing. We all know you post stuff for effect and to get a rise out of people now and then though. If I was wrong this time, my apologies.

I like the Hop Fan reference, I get your meaning. Yeah, I've defended the guy.
Hoop Fan

The way we look to outsiders

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Apart from the 6 wins in three years record, the telling part of the story is how we look to outsiders -- weak. Why do you think that Big 12 schools agree to schedule us? In their NC games, we are the "one game for the coach" part of the schedule. Given Bennett's record, the over and under betting ought to be whether he can improve upon his season best of 3 wins in one year. 4 wins or more this year will be progress won't it.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

The way we look to outsiders

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Apart from the 6 wins in three years record, the telling part of the story is how we look to outsiders -- weak. Why do you think that Big 12 schools agree to schedule us? In their NC games, we are the "one game for the coach" part of the schedule. Given Bennett's record, the over and under betting ought to be whether he can improve upon his season best of 3 wins in one year. 4 wins or more this year will be progress won't it.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:55 pm

the only good thing about being the team on everyone's schedule that they've penciled in a "win" against...is that one of these years, we will finally get to sneak up on a few opponents before they figure out we've improved significantly. Why not this year starting with Baylor?
Charleston Pony

Postby SWC2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:21 am

Charleston Pony wrote:the only good thing about being the team on everyone's schedule that they've penciled in a "win" against...is that one of these years, we will finally get to sneak up on a few opponents before they figure out we've improved significantly. Why not this year starting with Baylor?

Exactly, CPony. BU is a "W" this season...
SWC2010
Heisman

Return to Football