PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CUSA Media Blitz

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

CUSA Media Blitz

Postby KnuckleStang » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:55 am

Did somebody mention this already? Anyway, Bennett, Eckert and DD Lee will be interviewed today on CSTV. Or you can watch online, I believe.

http://conferenceusa.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/05-media-day.html
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:15 am

so I guess Eckert is the clear starter. You usually dont parade a backup qb to media day.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:21 am

I don't think that's decided, by any means. He's a smart, funny guy. I expect Jerad Romo would do just as good a job. There are a number of guys who would be great representatives of the university -- I wouldn't read too much into his presence there. It wouldn't surprise me if a starter isn't named until the week before the Baylor game.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:29 am

C-USA media week in Memphis.....log on to the Memphis Commercial Appeal...chocked absolutely jam freakin' packed full of SMU stories, news & notes, pictures, features, etc.,etc,etc....good stuff!! Long Live Russ Potts.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby D » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Hixson, did you stop by the Hilton today? Does the media blitz go on any longer than today? I wanted to stop by Ridgeway yesterday, but got stuck at work. Would have been nice to stop by in some SMU gear and give some support.
Enjoyed the commercial appeal this morning (for once). Was nice to read a little about the Ponies. With the preview they have coming out on Saturday, the commerical appeal may give more coverage to the ponies than the DMN.
D
Varsity

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:59 pm

D...are you a Memphian? I think today is the last day, actually.....one good thing about SMU in C-USA will be some "better" coverage in Mempho.
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby D » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:52 pm

Moved to Memphis a couple of years ago. Have enjoyed it so far, but has been tough to get back for games in Dallas. Looking forward to the Ponies playing in the forum this year - hoping for a competitive game although Memphis should be pretty strong. Also, looking forward to watching them in the liberty bowl in a couple of years.
I get them to tune one of the TV's up at the Fox and the Hound on Shady Grove to pony games whenever they are on. Tough battle for TVs with the UT/AL fans, but they usually let me have one of the small tvs.
D
Varsity

Postby Casey » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:50 pm

Did anyone listen? What did Coach Bennett/DD Lee/Tony Eckert have to say?
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:15 pm

Casey wrote:Did anyone listen? What did Coach Bennett/DD Lee/Tony Eckert have to say?

A summary can be found at the blog. Yes, a shameless plug.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Vitale » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:56 pm

In tomorrow's DMN (story is on-line now), Calvin Watkins quotes Coach Bennett as saying that in addition to Justin Boren's decision to transfer, Desmond Jones also is leaving -- transferring to Texas A&M-Commerce. I was never really confident he'd return, but it's still disappointing.
Vitale
All-American

Postby Col. Nathan R. Jessep » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:20 pm

Vitale wrote:In tomorrow's DMN (story is on-line now), Calvin Watkins quotes Coach Bennett as saying that in addition to Justin Boren's decision to transfer, Desmond Jones also is leaving -- transferring to Texas A&M-Commerce. I was never really confident he'd return, but it's still disappointing.

----------------------------

Best of luck to both guys...
YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Col. Nathan R. Jessep
Varsity

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:30 am

Corso wrote:I don't think that's decided, by any means. He's a smart, funny guy. I expect Jerad Romo would do just as good a job. There are a number of guys who would be great representatives of the university -- I wouldn't read too much into his presence there. It wouldn't surprise me if a starter isn't named until the week before the Baylor game.

Phillips decided it when he decided not to come to 'voluntary' workouts
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Bocephus » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:01 pm

Bennett stated that Eckert would be the starter when he cae and spoke at a function I was attending back in May
Bocephus
Scout Team

Return to Football