PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Where are the practice reports??

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Where are the practice reports??

Postby PerunaRaider » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 am

I know Bennet closes practices to the public, to safeguard our "secret plays" but does anyone watch practice. How do we look?
PerunaRaider
Recruit

Re: Where are the practice reports??

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:08 am

PerunaRaider wrote:I know Bennet closes practices to the public, to safeguard our "secret plays" but does anyone watch practice. How do we look?
Perhaps I'm missing something but...if they're 'closed' to the public (that's us) how can anyone (that's us, too) watch?
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PerunaRaider » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:24 am

Well hopefully you have actually been to campus in the last 6 years and noticed the gate around the practice field is not solid, is actually a fence of bars. A fan can easily watch practice from the street or Museum. You should really try coming to campus sometime.
PerunaRaider
Recruit

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:27 am

PerunaRaider wrote:Well hopefully you have actually been to campus in the last 6 years and noticed the gate around the practice field is not solid, is actually a fence of bars. A fan can easily watch practice from the street or Museum. You should really try coming to campus sometime.

I have always thought that was hilarious. Our practice field is not exactly the Pentagon is it.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby MrMustang1965 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:17 am

I guess my 'sarcasm' was lost in the post. :roll:

I was on campus yesterday and saw Coach Phil as he was walking in to the evening practice session. We chatted for a couple of minutes. His positive attitude is infectious. :)
MrMustang1965

Postby PK » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:27 am

When they really don't want anyone watching, they practice in Ford Stadium. The rest of the time, "closed" means you cannot go inside the fenced area of the practice fields. My understanding is that they want to keep the distractions down, like having a bunch of people crowding the sideline or talking to the players. I've never been chased off for watching a practice by looking through the fence.
PK

Postby Caballo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:39 pm

What are the current practice times, and are they scheduled to work out this weekend?
Caballo
All-American

Postby Pony4Life » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:28 pm

Changes every day. I went over today to watch and didn't see a soul. I wandered into the stadium (all-sports center) and ran into a guy in a football t-shirt who said they practiced this morning. I asked him when they practice tomorrow, and he said he had no idea.
I assume someone will tell him.
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:00 pm

Pony4Life wrote:Changes every day. I went over today to watch and didn't see a soul. I wandered into the stadium (all-sports center) and ran into a guy in a football t-shirt who said they practiced this morning. I asked him when they practice tomorrow, and he said he had no idea.
I assume someone will tell him.
Just because the guy is wearing a 'football t-shirt' doesn't mean he's on the football team. I've been wearing my SMU football jersey all day today and I don't know what time practice is tomorrow! :shock:
MrMustang1965

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:10 pm

MrMustang1965 wrote:Just because the guy is wearing a 'football t-shirt' doesn't mean he's on the football team. I've been wearing my SMU football jersey all day today and I don't know what time practice is tomorrow! :shock:

SHH dont tell them that. You could trick them!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby PK » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:24 am

According to the DMN today there is a practice this morning and a scrimage this evening at 7:00. There will be another scrimage tomorrow evening, but it will be closed to the public. I make no promises, but that is what was reported.
PK

Return to Football