PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Observations from practice

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby davidsmu94 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:24 pm

Dooby wrote:
Stallion wrote:I'll come with an open mind too and if we go 0-6 I plan to add that evidence to the equation of whether its time to look for a new coach. He's going out on a limb-but its a limb of his choosing so he should have no regrets.

Yee of the doctrine that was (and I assume still is) "We can't blame the coach because the model dictates we won't be successful?" I have my own opinions; they are not that different from yours, but you made the above statement or something similar about 100 times. You certainly seemed willing to keep Cavan around when he was well on his way to his 4th losing season and looking like he was going to continue losing more games than the year before.

If we are looking at 0-6, which I acknowledge is a legitimate possibility, you might as well wait and see what happens the next week. I fully expect that Bennett, if he's 0-7 losing to ECU, gets tossed to the curb the next day. The only question being if it is Copeland's last official act or not.

But I will burn that bridge when we get there. Till then, I am trying to be optimistic.

Oh come on Dooby, join the Dark side. We may disagree on who should replace him, but can't we agree that Jim isn't the right person for this job?
davidsmu94
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football