PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CSTV - Help.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

CSTV - Help.

Postby BUS » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:47 am

What is CSTV.. Is it a pay per view or a channel that we can not get.
? College Sports T.V.?

At least A&M is Fox and the Houston game is PAX and I get both of those stations.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:44 pm

Supposedly it is available on Comcast and others.

http://www.collegesports.com/getcstv/
PK

Postby EastStang » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:49 pm

It depends on your cable system. CSTV is on some cable systems and is Channel 610 on DirectTV (which costs an extra $12/month along with the regional Fox package and ESPNU). I subscribe to Direct TV because our cable system is run by crooks. As a bonus, I now get to see all the Nationals games because the local cable companies and Peter Angelos are involved in a urination contest which is not impacted on DirecTV which carries the Nationals games. Plus on DirecTV you can get College Game Plan for like $150 and NFL Sunday Ticket for like $150 and get every NFL game and all regional ABC, ESPN and Fox college games. No wonder I'm gaining weight.
EastStang

Postby Stallion » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:13 pm

I checked on this and couldn't find CSTV on Comcast Dallas yet-heard rumors it will be added in August. If our AD ever gets back from vacation perhaps that might be a topic CUSA fans might like to hear about. Can't believe there hasn't been some comment yet on this by the Athletic Department. Then I'm sure they'll be shocked by low ratings and cancellation in the future. If SMU is a partner in the success of CSTV how about telling us how the hell we can see it. Is it too much to ask this athletic department to inform its own fans how it can watch its own team and conference this fall-or whether that option will even be availiable except on Direct TV which I know has it-right?
Stallion

Postby WorldStang » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:36 pm

It's on DIRECTV I know for sure..

In the Dallas area.. it's in the 600's.. next to ESPNU.
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:39 pm

I did not see our illustrious Athletic Director at the practice??
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyPride » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:57 pm

If you click the COLLEGE SPORTS link at the bottom of www.SMUMustangs.com, it takes you to CSTV. From there you click on Get CSTV.
PonyPride

Postby PK » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:19 am

PonyPride wrote:If you click the COLLEGE SPORTS link at the bottom of www.SMUMustangs.com, it takes you to CSTV. From there you click on Get CSTV.
Duh...that's where you will get if you click on my link in the second post above.
PK

Postby DiamondM » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:45 am

I think the point of the above post is to point out that our "illustrious athletic department" has provided information on how to get CSTV. But apparently Stallion wants a handmade, handwritten card personally explaining how he can find CSTV on his tv. By the way, Jim's been back for a little while now. Maybe Stallion would like to stop by his office and say hello.

Personally, I think real college sports fans should already have DirecTV, given that all of the extra college football and basketball programming is available only through them. If you get the Sports Pack (a whole $12 or less if you have other packages), not only do you get ESPNU and CSTV you get all of the regional fox broadcasts. During peak season, there is ALWAYS a game on somewhere during waking hours (and sometimes not during waking hours -- saw lots of Hawaii games last year).
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:07 am

DUH! No folks-I went to that site. The problem is that Comcast Dallas does not have CSTV at least in the list of availiable channels at my zip code which is in DALLAS. All that site does is send you to your cable system to ask that CSTV be added to the program in your area. This is also a problem in several other cities in CUSA. What I want to know is if anything is being done about this, will it be availiable before the season or will we be required to get Direct TV to see CUSA games on CSTV. DUH!
Stallion

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:26 am

I have DirecTV so I could care less about the plight of the dishless. But because I am here to provide a service, I will tell you that I was told Comcast has a deal to broadcast CSTV and ESPNU. It will be a part of special sports package available for an additional $5 a month. But what I was told, it would be available by now.

So, maybe you are SOL. But since you have cable anyway, you were already SOL, because compared to directv with the dual-line Tivo, cable stinks.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:40 am

I am not sure how to sugar coat what I am about to say about Comcast. They have bought OLN which they want to make the next ESPN. (So why would they want to put ESPNU on their system). As evidence of this they are bidding on the NHL contract. They are banning Peter Angelos'/MLB fledging MSN network which carries Nationals games on their cable systems. They probably view CSTV as a venture that could fail and be ripe for them to pick off at a later date, and thus if they deny them access to their systems, it could allow them to get CSTV at a bargain basement price. CUSA picked CSTV as one of their broadcast partners because they offered a ton of money to supplement the amount offered by ESPN. CSTV is available in some cable markets even if Comcast is being sleazy. My view is the more people who cut off their Comcast box and switch to DirectTV will drive Comcast to pick up programming they desire faster than begging them to add it. Subscriptions are money in the bank for Comcast and they don't like losing subscriptions. I guarantee if you cancel your subscription, you'll get a call from a Comcast rep asking why you cancelled and you tell them because they don't carry CSTV and DirectTV does.
EastStang

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:48 am

OK now we may be getting somewhere. It seems unanimous on this board and on the CUSA Board that all prefer DirectTV over Comcast. Any dissenting opinions?
Stallion

Postby couch 'em » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:52 am

Comcast has the worst customer service of any entity I've ever had to deal with. Yes, worse than SMU financial aid office. I think they were even rated below the IRS. If they weren't the only people providing cable internet where I am, I would have dropped them long ago for ANYONE else.
couch 'em

Postby BUS » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:24 pm

Comcast guy said I could write a letter but that there was no information on a CSTV. Comcast has No e-mail address, no suggestion box no name to write the letter to.

I hope Pax picks up the CSTV games aroound here.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Next

Return to Football