PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Live Access

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mustang Live Access

Postby 1982Express » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:38 am

Did anyone catch the "Running with the Stangs" feature on the website? I thought it was wonderful. Any thoughts?
1982Express
Scout Team

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Seemed like a fun time there for the guys. I loved it.

They seemed like a tight group so lets hope it comes together on the field.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby davidsmu94 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:28 pm

pretty funny stuff
davidsmu94
Heisman

Postby SMUnick » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:39 pm

do you have to have a subscription for it?
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:00 pm

SMUnick wrote:do you have to have a subscription for it?

No. It's free in advance of the pay site. You know to whet your appetite.

Speaking of free... ESPN Insider has been free for the past couple of days, I read the Blue Ribbon (or whatever) report on the Stangs that was written in July. Aside from some sloppy editing (like calling Chris Phillips "Craig" and Jerad Romo "Gerard"), it was a good read. Only one glaring mistake... they claimed that Phillips was 5A All-State... well he might have been All State... but, uh, dude went to Bishop Lynch. Anyway, go check it out (if Insider is still free).

I enjoyed the video. Obviously produced by students, which makes it all the more fun. The cameraman needs to figure out how to turn off the automatic exposure. (And the automatic white balance... but hell, I rarely turned off the automatic white balance when I used DV in college.)

I think that Duke Hasson was a good choice to host the show. I think he'll get even more comfortable as the season goes on. (You know those fourth string, fith string, "so far down the depth chart we're outta" string quarterbacks are always the life of the party. "I play quarterback for the Mustangs." "Really?" "Nah, I just pose for the Daily Campus while bothering the other dude that holds the clipboard.")

And, now we at least got to see the new unis. Can't say I'm fully on board, but if we start the season 4-0, I'll turn into a valley girl - "Ohmigod! Those are the best uniforms, EVER!" Until that day, I'm on the fence.

Peace!

Thaddeus (class of '01... PE83's just my name)
ThadFilms

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:17 am

PonyExpress83 wrote:And, now we at least got to see the new unis. Can't say I'm fully on board, but if we start the season 4-0, I'll turn into a valley girl - "Ohmigod! Those are the best uniforms, EVER!" Until that day, I'm on the fence.
I like the new unis. Especially that Mustang on the collar! Nice! And the piping ain't bad, either.
MrMustang1965

Postby SMUnick » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:17 am

can someone send a link?
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:12 am

Mustangs35SMU

Postby Stallion » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:11 am

the white patch with the Mustang looks EXTREMELY Bush League. And the blue along the sides looks horrible makes the player look fat. These unis won't be around long. Once again hiring an Aggie to be your fashion coordinator is not a wise move.
Stallion

Postby KnuckleStang » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:35 am

No, no, no Stallion...it's horizontal stripes that make you look fat. At least that's what Mrs. KnuckleStang says. And she don't lie.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I will never again like what our unis look like. I've worked through it. WIN SOME DAMN GAMES, and you can change our colors to look like those old Hawaii Rainbow threads. I don't give a Shiite Muslim. As long as we win more games than we lose, play dress-up and wear whatever the heck you want.

Nice video. Decent sense of humor on the backup QB. Hasson is what the Brits would call "a wag." Shrewd decision by somebody to put him behind the mic. Highly entertaining.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby WorldStang » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:56 am

Stallion wrote:the white patch with the Mustang looks EXTREMELY Bush League. And the blue along the sides looks horrible makes the player look fat. These unis won't be around long. Once again hiring an Aggie to be your fashion coordinator is not a wise move.

Guess the NFL is Bush League too.. every team has their logo at the same spot on their collar.

As far as the blue along the sides making our guys look fat.. since when are we worried about football players looking fat? Especially SMU football players? Most of them are smaller than your average Div 1 player anyway.. I'll take hocus pocus, magic tricks or a bad looking stripe down a uniform if it makes are guys look beefy or bigger.. hell we need the stripe.

And of course these uniforms won't be around long. Since when have we gone 2 years post DP with the same uniform? Thanks for playing Mr. Obvious man..
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:07 am

Actualy, I believe the NFL has the NFL logo as opposed to the team logo on the same spot on their jerseys. And it is about 1/3 of the size of the mustang logo on the new jerseys. I can live with the stripes, but the logo looks like a poor man's superman emblem to me. Like may have said, if they win games, I will no doubt think they are fantastic.

Lost in all this is the fact that it is the running mustang on the jersey and not the "new logo" that had everyone in a tizzy.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:14 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:Lost in all this is the fact that it is the running mustang on the jersey and not the "new logo" that had everyone in a tizzy.
Thank God!
MrMustang1965

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:03 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:Lost in all this is the fact that it is the running mustang on the jersey and not the "new logo" that had everyone in a tizzy.

Yeah but the coaches were sporting the new logo.
ThadFilms

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:00 pm

PonyExpress83 wrote:

Yeah but the coaches were sporting the new logo.

Noticed that also.
Mustangs35SMU

Next

Return to Football