PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Live Access

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby DiamondM » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:02 pm

FYI, since I bothered to ask "why the new jerseys" instead of assuming that ours coaches are just doing it because they hate tradition, I found out that since we are a Nike school, we had a limited choice on the Nike jerseys. It's similar in design to Miami, a much more powerful Nike school. Problem is we don't get to tell Nike exactly what we want (unless of course we want to spend a lot more money), they give use several choices and we choose.

When I heard before seeing them that they were similar to Miami's I cringed, but I actually don't think they're that bad. Still red, just the side blue insets and the collar are very different and I actually like them.

Oh, and Stallion apparently isn't up on his fashion or just hasn't been watching enough What Not to Wear lately, or he'd know that that type of seaming across the obliques is actually quite slimming.

Of course as mentioned above, if we beat Baylor, people will love the new unis.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:07 pm

I dont mind the new jerseys at all. I like the little added blue.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUnick » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:10 pm

I personally love the new jerseys, but I have a question....... Where are the names on the back of the jerseys? I am not positive, but I am pretty sure SMU used to have names on the back, ala pony express era... So if we EVER had names on the back, it is not a traditional thing. Second, usually teams that do not have names on the back, also do not have modern jerseys, look at PennST, USC, ND... I love our jerseys, but they are as modern as football jerseys get. It is an oxymoron that we dont have names on the back of the new modernized jerseys... maybe i'm missing some great story behind this, but I think names should be on the back of the jerseys. (unless they have always been nameless)...
SMUnick
Scout Team

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:14 pm

Bennett took the names off the back after the 03 season and had them earn it back...obviously they havent earned them.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUnick » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:23 pm

what does it take to "earn" them back???? a bowl game season? or winning more then 3 games?
SMUnick
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football