PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Two nice bits in the DMN

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Two nice bits in the DMN

Postby BUS » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:27 pm

The Dallas Morning News printed two separate short bits on SMU and Bennett. Even put Bennetts picture on the inside on page 2.

We are getting better, if you take what is said to heart.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:21 pm

Didn't see it. What did they say?
Got a link to it?
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby GUNPERUNA » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:43 pm

Try this link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... index.html

If that doesn't work go to dallasmorningnews.com then sports then colleges then smu. Lots of work I know.
:oops:
GUNPERUNA
Junior Varsity

Postby WorldStang » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:45 pm

not there already looked too.. but nice try..
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby SMU Football Blog » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:05 pm

Admit you love me.

Link

SMU redshirts mean progress for Bennett
SMU's gradual return to football respectability could take a big step forward this fall.

All of the incoming freshman could stay on the bench.

Coach Phil Bennett, entering his fourth season, said Saturday that the entire freshman class could be redshirted. If Bennett can redshirt even a majority of the class, it will be helpful to the program.

Bennett has been forced to rush freshmen, such as linebacker Wilton McCray last season, into games to fill a manpower void. A freshman is better served starting with a redshirt season, using the time to get accustomed to college life and adding size and strength.

More redshirts also means there is more talent on the roster. Bennett started at SMU with a big deficit in talent, but he is eliminating the gap.

There will be temptation to use some freshmen, particularly receivers Columbus Givens of Killeen and Emmanuel Sanders of Bellville.

The bad news is it is from Gerry Fraley, who is at the bottom of the credibility scale with me, but at least I am willing to read him again.[/url]
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Caballo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:14 pm

The good news is we are getting some earned media from a columnist in the DMN. That is not an everyday occurrence, whether it is from Fraley or someone else. We need a picture of Bennett and a nice story on the Monday following our fourth game saying how far we have come now that we are starting the season 3-1.

Nobody scream too loud. I will wake up from my nap on my own soon enough.
Caballo
All-American

Return to Football