PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Club Referals

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mustang Club Referals

Postby abezontar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:03 pm

I don't know how many of you got referal forms in the mail from the Mustang Club. I assume all members received one. In exchange for the name and contact information of ONE person the Mustang Club was offering a free t-shirt. Well, I finally got around to it a few weeks ago, and sent in the name of a friend of mine that I thought might be willing to join. I mainly did it for the free t-shirt.....I'm cheap so what. I got a letter back with my t-shirt that said they had received over one hundred names in the referal process. Does that sound pathetic to anyone else? I am appalled at the lack of response by supposed boosters of the program. I urge everyone, who is a member to send in those forms or if you already threw it away call Chris Walker at 214-768-1649 or email at cwalker@smu.edu. If you aren't a member JOIN, and do something to try to make the situation better, even if it is just giving 25 bucks so you can get into meetings and raise a stink, then DO IT! The only way things are going to change is if you get involved and do something about it.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:25 pm

You did something and that really helps.
Go Mustangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Mustang Club Referals

Postby PonySnob » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:55 pm

abezontar wrote:I don't know how many of you got referal forms in the mail from the Mustang Club. I assume all members received one. In exchange for the name and contact information of ONE person the Mustang Club was offering a free t-shirt. Well, I finally got around to it a few weeks ago, and sent in the name of a friend of mine that I thought might be willing to join. I mainly did it for the free t-shirt.....I'm cheap so what. I got a letter back with my t-shirt that said they had received over one hundred names in the referal process. Does that sound pathetic to anyone else? I am appalled at the lack of response by supposed boosters of the program. I urge everyone, who is a member to send in those forms or if you already threw it away call Chris Walker at 214-768-1649 or email at cwalker@smu.edu. If you aren't a member JOIN, and do something to try to make the situation better, even if it is just giving 25 bucks so you can get into meetings and raise a stink, then DO IT! The only way things are going to change is if you get involved and do something about it.

Things will change if the we can have a football team that can have more than one winning season every 15 years!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby WildHorse » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:28 pm

Ah .... so you want the problem fixed before you offer to help.
Pretty clever.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby abezontar » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:57 pm

Let's see and what would it take for the football program to have more winning seasons? PEOPLE FORCING THE ADMINISTRATION TO MAKE THE CHANGES SO THAT WE ARE COMPETITIVE!!!!! If they believe they can keep the status quo, then they will, not telling them otherwise let's them believe they can keep the status quo.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football