PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Saturday Nite Scrimmage

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Saturday Nite Scrimmage

Postby SWC2010 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:12 pm

Sat @ 715PM- 1st real glimpse of SMU FB 2005.
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby WildHorse » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Is it open to the public?
I heard it was closed. Hope I'm wrong.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby PonyCat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:34 am

Closed. The one on the 20th will be open, though.
PonyCat
Junior Varsity

Postby 2112 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:40 am

JUST AS THERE ARE BEARS CRAWLING AROUND ON THIS SITE, I HEAR THEY ARE PROWLING AROUND FORD STADIUM AS WELL! 8)
Heisman

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:45 am

Maybe we should go scout their scrimmages, too. :wink:
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby oakley » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:13 pm

Baylor's scrimmages and practices are open to the public. why would it matter if they are closed or open? I doubt either set of coaches is game-planning by reading internet message boards.

several BU sites have reports on smu scrimmages - what is being worked on, if anyone cares, from 'closed' scrimmages/practices.

Examples: an SMU LB is getting kudos; Romo's arm looks strong; WRs - can't catch the football; TE - 3 yd. out patterns all day long;
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby Dooby » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:49 pm

oakley wrote:Baylor's scrimmages and practices are open to the public. why would it matter if they are closed or open? I doubt either set of coaches is game-planning by reading internet message boards.

several BU sites have reports on smu scrimmages - what is being worked on, if anyone cares, from 'closed' scrimmages/practices.

Examples: SMU LB #40 is getting some kudos; Romo's arm looks strong - will he start?; WRs - none can catch the football; TE - 3 yd. out patterns all day long;

I can't imagine how lonely or unemployed I would have to be before I went to watch another team's practice or scrimmage in 95+ degree heat in August. Seriously, for me to stoop to that, I think I would have to be broke, unemployed and on top of that, some weird kind of loner. Really, I think muttering to myself on the sidewalk would be more rational.

If I knew there were that many unemployed/unemployable Baylor fans, I might reconsider my hiring freeze. Not that I'd hire some weird guy that watches practices of a football team he doesn't care about, but maybe I'd hire a guy that currently has a job who would leave that job which could be filled by another guy who's current job could be filled by another guy and on down the line until something opens up in the food service industry. Not unlike supply side economics.

And after thinking about it some more, it sounds kinda gay.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:59 pm

good rant Dooby, very good rant. Now, can we get rid of Mistress Bates please?
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Buddha » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:14 pm

oakley wrote: .... Examples: SMU LB #40 is getting some kudos; Romo's arm looks strong - will he start?; WRs - none can catch the football; TE - 3 yd. out patterns all day long;
Sounds like they're getting their reports from folks who are actually watching the team. Might well be getting them off PonyFans.com. You know it's not written by someone who's seen practice — if so, would anyone really identify Rogers as a linebacker? Everyone knows he's the new punter.
Buddha
All-American

Postby EastStang » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:19 pm

I looked through the fence at practice. Man did we stink in practice. I'll bet our biggest starting lineman really weighs 180 lbs. Man are we slow. Our fastest guy couldn't keep up with a milk truck on delivery. Baylor will beat us by at least 100 points. Now there's some misinformation. And by the way Dooby, there may very well be some unemployed Baylor grads. I heard Taco Bell had a hiring freeze.
EastStang

Postby jtstang » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:33 pm

Dooby wrote:And after thinking about it some more, it sounds kinda gay.

I was gonna say "not that there's anything wrong with that" to be thematic, but then I reread your entire post. There definitely is something wrong with that.
jtstang

Postby oakley » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:39 am

what is important to 'Dooby' would certainly be irrelevant to oakley - a Dooby is not consistent with clear thought or the pursuit of any noble or worthy cause - but to each his own I suppose, even for losers.

the 'gay' part is that Barley House Bennett thinks "closed practices" means something - shows his naiveity or immaturity as a head coach.

But what do I really care, past Sept 3?

Nice video of 'Dookie'.....yeah right.
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby oakley » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:44 pm

[deleted]
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby BUTitan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:53 pm

EastStang wrote:I looked through the fence at practice. Man did we stink in practice. I'll bet our biggest starting lineman really weighs 180 lbs. Man are we slow. Our fastest guy couldn't keep up with a milk truck on delivery. Baylor will beat us by at least 100 points. Now there's some misinformation. And by the way Dooby, there may very well be some unemployed Baylor grads. I heard Taco Bell had a hiring freeze.

See, thats what I want to hear :lol: .
BUTitan
Varsity

Postby bearliving » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:01 am

Dooby wrote:I can't imagine how lonely or unemployed I would have to be before I went to watch another team's practice or scrimmage in 95+ degree heat in August. Seriously, for me to stoop to that, I think I would have to be broke, unemployed and on top of that, some weird kind of loner. Really, I think muttering to myself on the sidewalk would be more rational.

Actually, the Baylor people watching yall are people who have good enough jobs that they can opt to take the afternoon off to get excited about football. Let's not kid ourselves, we all know that both of our schools provide most of the management in Dallas, with aTm and the whorns providing the much needed peons.

We're just looking forward to the game and in Dallas.
#25 athletic program in the nation ain't bad...
bearliving

Next

Return to Football