PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kieschnick hurt

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kieschnick hurt

Postby Webmaster » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:12 am

Kieschnick's injury shakes up offensive line

By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
UNIVERSITY PARK – Starting right guard and backup center Brad Kieschnick will miss the next four days of practice with a sprained right ankle. Chris Urbanus is getting repetitions at right guard. Kieschnick's injury allows freshman Mitch Enright (Southlake Carroll) to gets some snaps with the second team at center. Coach Phil Bennett doesn't anticipate using Enright extensively at center unless Kieschnick's injury becomes serious.

Briefly ...

UNIVERSITY PARK – The football team will have two practices today with a scrimmage set for 7 p.m. at Ford Stadium. Another scrimmage is scheduled for Saturday night, but it is closed to the public.
"It’s hard to overstate how impressive SMU has been on the recruiting trail since the ACC announced the Mustangs would be joining the league”
–– The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any issues, contact us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:52 am

talk about snakebit. The lone Sr on the OL and this close to the season his ability to go is suddenly a question mark. I hate to see a frosh forced into action in the trenches, but we've known all along it will be 2006 before we are 2 deep on the OL with guys who have been in the program 3 or more years. This is where Turner's already being out begins to expose our lack of depth.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 2112 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:43 am

He will be back soon but, Brad has NEVER been able to stay healthy.
Heisman

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:40 am

That's true, to an extent, but he's also one of the toughest, most durable guys we've had in ages. You'll have to cripple the guy to keep him off the field. I'd rather he miss a few days in 2-a-days than any time during the season. If this is the worst that happens to him, we'll be fine.
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Pony Up » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:51 am

Didn't he play all season last year with a bad shoulder? Never heard anything about him complaining about it. I'd bet the rent he'll be ready to roll on opening day.
Pony Up
All-American

Postby Col. Nathan R. Jessep » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:03 am

Pony Up wrote:Didn't he play all season last year with a bad shoulder? Never heard anything about him complaining about it. I'd bet the rent he'll be ready to roll on opening day.

Snuck into practice Thur night & saw Brad K in a walking cast/brace, although he looked okay.
YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Col. Nathan R. Jessep
Varsity

Postby Dark Horse » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:10 am

That's just a precaution, from what I hear. Kiesch will be good to go.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby tryon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:48 am

Noticed someone said they snuck into practice. I would love to watch a practice or scrimmage, how hard is it? What is the schedule every week? Does it change? What about scrimmages?
tryon

Postby ponydawg » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:10 am

Don't really need to sneak in, they normally practice on the practice field across from ford. Just go watch from the fence line. They don't care as long as you are not acting dumb and are a distraction. Coach will normally even come say hi when he is on that side of the field.
If it is truly a closed practice they have it in ford.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tryon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:23 am

What time are practice?

Do they practice on the weekend?
tryon

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:26 am

Let the injuries begin :oops:
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Buddha » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Come on, M35SMU - you're looking at it backward. Kieschnick's injury is our last one of the year, not the first. Good to get it out of the way now, rather than during the season.
Right????
Buddha
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:28 pm

Definately better than during the season. Was at Lobo practice and a few guys had read an article about SMU and Bennett. Nice to be at a filled (it took me freakin 20 minutes to get out the parking lot. 1/3rd of Lobo Stadium was filled for a dang practice) Lobo Stadium talking SMU Football
Mustangs35SMU

Postby HorsePower » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:48 pm

Any of your Lobos worth recruiting this year?
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:16 am

HorsePower wrote:Any of your Lobos worth recruiting this year?

We have over 30 seniors I know this year. Vondrell McGee (RB) committed to Texas in March I believe. Cody Williams (DE) comitted to Texas A&M in May.

Then they say we already have 5 more players who have been offered this year so far. Definately going to be a sight to see. Hopefully we live up to the expectation. I really hope some Lobos come to SMU this year. A lot have actually been going to TCU (two signed with them last year). We're ranked as high 2nd in the State (offically) and 11th in the nation. So we'll see how things go.
Mustangs35SMU

Next

Return to Football