PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Heat

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Heat

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Aug 16, 2000 1:28 am

It has been hot out. I want to recognize the training staff for their good work in keeping the players hydrated. The trainers work very hard at their job, so hard that I think trainer Mike Morton went down cramping today. Looked like his hamstring. Anyone else catch that?

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Heat

Postby ALL4SMU » Wed Aug 16, 2000 10:51 pm

Yes, I saw a commotion, was that a trainer down? That reminds me when former SMU trainer, Bill Currie, was dropped by a shanked punt, from backup SMU punter Rusty Simpson during Spring Ball. Bill was spine boarded by student Damon Darcey, for precautionary reasons, and hauled off in the makeshift mule ambulance. Bill holds the record for the worst trainer injury in the history of SMU Football.

Who is on 2888888?!
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Heat

Postby D » Thu Aug 17, 2000 9:26 am

What about the time when the manager did a header into the 25-second clock at Ownby during practice in 1996 and tore open his forehead? He ended up with a ton of stitches and a huge gash. I think that would have to take the cake for worst injury.
D
Varsity

Return to Football