PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thursday night scrimmage

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thursday night scrimmage

Postby HorsePower » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:46 pm

There weren't that many folks who got in last night, but there were a few of us.

The DMN note about the running backs was right: Dorsey looks stronger, Massey looks MUCH quicker and Turner seems to have gotten stronger. I don't recall seeing Henderson and Martin run, but I also didn't see the entire scrimmage.

The secondary looked pretty good. Fitzgerald looks even bigger and stronger than he did last year, and the new JUCO from Arizona (Makinde) is a very impressive looking guy. He clearly can run, but he also is clearly raw. Randy Goode looked shorter than I expected, but very fast and he looked very comfortable in the defense. To be fair, it was hard to really judge the secondary, because there wasn't a lot of a passing when I was there.

You know those reports about Justin Rogers getting bigger and stronger in the offseason? Three words: Ho - ly - cow. Actually, a bunch of guys look bigger: Kieschnick (didn't play -- had a boot on his foot), Jonathan Lindley, Tony Eckert, David Haynes, the Chase brothers, Martin Guidry (huge!), Alvin Nnabuife, Andrew McKinney, Cortley Blackmon, Jessie Henderson, Kyle Griffin and .... that's all I can think of right now.
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football