PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What the heck happened today?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

What the heck happened today?

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:12 pm

All of the sudden the board is on fire? And I mean, not in a good way...

What's with the vitriol people?

I got no problems with anyone who went to another school than my own. Hell, I got no problems with the the jerks I went to school with at SMU. I got no problem with the people who think SMU can win every game. I have no problem with the SMU fans who think we won't win a game 'til November.

What I do have a problem with is this bull poop today! C'mon, folks... this shouldn't be some kind of [deleted] contest.

SMU sucks. Baylor sucks. Texas State and Sam? Well who cares? The Div 1AA and they both rack up more wins a year than SMU and Baylor combined. But are they gonna' beat SMU? Not bloody likely. But, if you guys want to come over here and say you will? Fine. "Dat's why dey play de games."

And please don't come over here (random Texas State fan) and post images of cross burnings.

In fact I think the "Future Schedules" thread should be locked.

College Football, and sports in general, is about people uniting behind a common goal. It's a lot like religion that way, it gives folks a sense of purpose and belonging. I know, because SMU sucks, and Baylor sucks, and TxSt and Sam are in a lower devision and they think they deserve better (read sucks), we all have some reason to doubt and make up for it by slinging stuff this way and that... but really folks, this is a fan board. Let's see some hope.

I'm a fan. SMU does not suck. They are the greatest team in all the land. (Bring me a feast of meats and cheeses!) And right now, they are undefeated and tied for #1 in the country. Anyone who says I shouldn't go into every season with DREAMS of going undefeated, should find a new hobby. And I have no problem, with anyone from our school or any other school feeling the same way. Half of the teams lose their bid for the national title the firts game of the season. Until then we are all paper champions in hearts and minds of our supporters, players, and coaches.

That being said, I know SMU will struggle to win 4 or more games this year. I'd like to see a winning record.

I've said my peace.

Go Mustangs,
Thaddeus D. Matula
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:23 pm

/\ What happened is that you expect people to act civil on the internet. :D
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:28 pm

guess it's all that pent up emotion waiting to be let out at the stadium yelling for the team rather than at each other.

tick, tock, tick, tock. come on clock! get to labor day weekend!
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:41 pm

I dont get why the Texas State people are on here?

They dont even play us any time soon.

You freakin D-II get over it. Stay on your own board.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby EastStang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:01 pm

Thaddeus, since your relative new on the board let me fill you in on something. We occasionally get some stray Aggies, UNTers, Sand Aggies, Whorns, Bears, and other stray fans who visit. Since our football team has not been too great lately, well we get roasted sometimes. Which of course leads to some comparisons about the things that matter like money, prestige and jobs. SMU grads tend to go on to highly successful careers in the business, entertainment and legal world. Grads from other schools well sometimes deliver pizzas. A noble calling to be sure, but on the lower prestige scale. And some mow my yard. I don't like KKK images on my screen either, but then again there was a girl with a pretty nice hind quarters stuck in there as well. So it all averages out. Which brings me to my story of the afternoon. I was walking back to my office and a girl walked by me and what I shall charitably refer to as a tennis skit and halter top. As she walked the skirt rose higher and higher and she was definitely lacking underwear under there. As she walked up the street, mouths gaped open, cabbies whistled at her, and everyone's day was brightened.
EastStang

Postby jtstang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:05 pm

EastStang wrote:Thaddeus, since your relative new on the board let me fill you in on something. We occasionally get some stray Aggies, UNTers, Sand Aggies, Whorns, Bears, and other stray fans who visit. Since our football team has not been too great lately, well we get roasted sometimes. Which of course leads to some comparisons about the things that matter like money, prestige and jobs. SMU grads tend to go on to highly successful careers in the business, entertainment and legal world. Grads from other schools well sometimes deliver pizzas. A noble calling to be sure, but on the lower prestige scale. And some mow my yard. I don't like KKK images on my screen either, but then again there was a girl with a pretty nice hind quarters stuck in there as well. So it all averages out. Which brings me to my story of the afternoon. I was walking back to my office and a girl walked by me and what I shall charitably refer to as a tennis skit and halter top. As she walked the skirt rose higher and higher and she was definitely lacking underwear under there. As she walked up the street, mouths gaped open, cabbies whistled at her, and everyone's day was brightened.

Jeez, man, WILL YOU GET A FREAKING CAMERA PHONE! What are you, living in the dark ages?
jtstang

Postby LonghornFan68 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:08 pm

EastStang, You might want to read ThadFilms' sig.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:13 pm

The story was better than the view.
EastStang

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:18 pm

EastStang wrote:Thaddeus, since your relative new on the board let me fill you in on something. We occasionally get some stray Aggies, UNTers, Sand Aggies, Whorns, Bears, and other stray fans who visit. Since our football team has not been too great lately, well we get roasted sometimes. Which of course leads to some comparisons about the things that matter like money, prestige and jobs. SMU grads tend to go on to highly successful careers in the business, entertainment and legal world. Grads from other schools well sometimes deliver pizzas. A noble calling to be sure, but on the lower prestige scale. And some mow my yard. I don't like KKK images on my screen either, but then again there was a girl with a pretty nice hind quarters stuck in there as well. So it all averages out. Which brings me to my story of the afternoon. I was walking back to my office and a girl walked by me and what I shall charitably refer to as a tennis skit and halter top. As she walked the skirt rose higher and higher and she was definitely lacking underwear under there. As she walked up the street, mouths gaped open, cabbies whistled at her, and everyone's day was brightened.

EastStang... I wouldn't say that I am relatively new to the board.

I was the poster known as PonyExpress 83, but I asked the mods to change it because too many people thought I graduated in 83 (because, as we all know, that the final year of the Pony Express was 1982). I simply called myself that because it was in comemeration of a game that was burned into my brain... the final game of the Pony Express on 1.1.83...

It's not that I minded that people thought I graduated in 1983, it was more that I was dissapointed that people thought I wasn't withit enough to know that 1982 was their final year.

But more, I have recently come to the conclusion that I don't care about hiding behind internet handles. My opinions are who I am, and I'm not going to come on to a board and say anything that I wouldn't say in person.

Thus I am now ThadFilms...

And thanks for the note at the end, it, by proxy, brightened my day. Are you out of NYC? (More than half of my buddies from SMU now live up their... actors, heh! Who needs 'em? ... I guess I do.)

Anyway, no I don't expect civility, but today PF.com, has bothered me. But not nearly as much as when the Pony faithful turn on themselves and call each other moronic for thinking we can win, or having low expecations, or both. We all want the same thing... and if we win the CUSA championship in football this year, maybe even the Copeland might even get his "C" back when people bad mouth him.

Speaking of placing blame. I agree with what everyone says about Pye's actions leading to a dismal football program, but I knew the man (he died, I believe, when I was in high school), and he was a great man. Extremely bright, too. We might not like it, but what he did to the athletics program was exactly what the faculty brought him in to do. And looking at the state of SMU football, you have to admit he did a great job... of forcing athletics to the backburner. However, I can't stand it. Let's just win some darn games.

Oh, again, about being new here. Even though it says I sigined up in '03, I used read this board and the other board for a long while before finally deciding to throw my two cents in the crucible. And yeah, people get testy. I almost miss MeanGreenGem and his misguided smack. (Not really.)

-Thaddeus

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby EastStang » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:40 pm

No, I'm in Alexandria, VA. Quaint little town across the river from Washington, DC. We usually see people in tri-cornered hats and breeches. I guess the 21st century landed.
EastStang

Postby Rayburn » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:19 pm

I was in Oklahoma last month. Saw a lot of people in tri-cornered hats and breeches. Maybe we should tell them that the 21 Century has landed.
Rayburn
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:20 am

EastStang wrote:No, I'm in Alexandria, VA. Quaint little town across the river from Washington, DC. We usually see people in tri-cornered hats and breeches. I guess the 21st century landed.

Man? Really?

Wow, I love Alexandria ('course I was really young when I visited)... were you originally from the East or just move there after college?

ThadFilms

Postby oakley » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:38 am

to answer your question, "What the heck happened today?", there were BaylorFans posting 'stang practice reports (since 'stang fans cannot seem to get any on their own).
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:00 am

Actually this is my home town, Alexandria. We have all the amenities of Washington, DC (and traffic), but still have a small town feel. I just decided to go to a really great private school in the south that played big time college football. Of course that was a long time ago.
EastStang

Postby BrianTinBigD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:26 pm

oakley wrote:to answer your question, "What the heck happened today?", there were BaylorFans posting 'stang practice reports (since 'stang fans cannot seem to get any on their own).

I was hoping to go to practice today and write a long practice report because I know that everyone here wants to know what is going on in practice, what Oakley looks like, and why there are so many Baylor fans lurking outside of practice. Heck, I was even invited to be in the practice field. However, the practice was moved to 7:30am. 9:30am is one thing but to watch a freaking practice that requires me to get up at 6am just so I can watch drills and other uninteresting crap is just not gonna happen.

Oakley,
Tell us when you are going to your next practice and maybe we can put together an intervention for you. Something like Baylor Grads wasting their lives at SMU football practices for no apparent reason and need help kicking the addiction.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Next

Return to Football