PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Reggie McNeal: "Ain't nobody better than us."

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Reggie McNeal: "Ain't nobody better than us."

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:00 pm

Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby JudgeChamber » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Jaxson Appel is the biggest joke of an All-American I've ever seen. He's not the third best safety in the Big XII, maybe not the fifth.
JudgeChamber
Scout Team

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:52 pm

Yeah, Jackson looked great missing tackle after tackle in last year's TX/atm game.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Lmao. Funny to get a former Lufkin player say this.

Be quiet hilarious if we upset them.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grider » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:14 pm

Mustangs35SMU wrote:Lmao. Funny to get a former Lufkin player say this.

Be quiet hilarious if we upset them.

Not trying to talk shi*, but why is that funny because he's from Lufkin?

Besides, if you look closely he says "ain't nobody" which, translated, means "[everbody is] better than us"

BTW his interviews have always been painful to listen to, even when he was in high school. I thought that would have improved after his "schoolin" there at aggieland.......oh well.
Grider
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:15 pm

Grider wrote:Besides, if you look closely he says "ain't nobody" which, translated, means "[everbody is] better than us"

Not trying to talk trash, but thats exactly why its funny.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:41 pm

Well, I anxiously await his quotes when (if) we do upset them.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:42 pm

/\ Then only Baylor, Tennessee, OU, Texas, Wyoming and now SMU (off the top of my head) will be better than them.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby ThadFilms » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:11 pm

Grider wrote:"ain't nobody" which, translated, means "[everbody is] better than us"

I agree with Reggie when you put it that way... ahh the double negatives...

What was that old saying? Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left...
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby Bocephus » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:10 pm

Appel had 12 tackles against tu so I guess he must have been doing something right. I would worry more about these awards lists (our kicker is on the Groza award watch list, our center last year who will likely be a guard this year is on the Remington Award watch list) if I didn't see players like Larry Dibbles getting hyped for All American. These days it is about BS hype and what the press thinks about you before the season starts. Little of it involves what you actually do on the field.

Japhous Brown is probably a better overall safety than Appel but Appel has made a ton of touchdown saving tackles in his career (albeit he played behind perhaps the worst front 7 at A&M in the last 2 decades in '03). For those of you who have been watching football for a little while I would compare Appel to Tracy Saul who I believe made All American his senior year. Best player in our secondary this year will be Dany Gorrer.

Who are the 4 or 5 safeties in the Big 12 who are better?

If you read the article McNeal stated that he felt we were equal to the top teams in the Big 12 this year. I guess it would have been better for him to claim we expected to lose half our games. Don't know why Wyoming is supposedly better than us when we pretty much took them behind the woodshed at Kyle last year.

The SMU game is our home opener after a week off to correct what we did wrong in our opening game. SMU is not going to win.
Bocephus
Scout Team

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:16 pm

/\ Yeah, the Agroids can win all the awards they want, but it's the final score at the end of the game that matters. I'm gona laugh my [deleted] off when aTm loses to both SMU and Baylor. Hahahaha.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:03 pm

and I'm going to laugh when Ohio State takes the whorns behind the woodshed for a 20 point win, then the mayhem ensues with a 6th straight loss to OU, then a surprise upset loss to Mizzou at Mizzou, and then your season comes crashing to a 4 loss affair when you lose to us at Kyle.

Bank on it. Vince can't pass, and you don't have Benson.
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie
Scout Team

Postby MrMustang1965 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Sweet Christmas! www.ponyfans.com has suddenly become the place for Faggies, Whorns, Bummed Bears, Ft. Worth Froggies, Cougar High fans, TSU3 Bobkitties and, yes, even a few Sammy Bearkats to trade insults, barbs, smack and - in some unusual cases - even some credible information! :roll: A year ago at this time, fans of these teams wouldn't even contemplate reading this site much less posting here! What the he$$ happened?????? Did their boards go 'silent'? 8)
MrMustang1965

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm

Bank on it. Vince can't pass, and you don't have Benson.

That's such a tired, used-up argument that has been proven to be false. Since you think your QB is so great, let's compare their 2004 stats:

Vince: Pass- 132/222--> 59.5% Compl. 1669yds, 129.95 rtg., 10int, 11td
(Run: 146 rushes for 887 yds, 6.1 yds/carry, 10td)

Reggie: Pass- 200/344--> 58.1% Compl. 2791yds, 137.39 rtg, 4int, 14td
(Run: 151 rushes for 718yds, 4.8 yds/carry, 8 tds)

Vince has a better completion %, but Reggie had a slightly better QB rating. Both Qb's did a lot to help their teams win last year. However, based on each Qb's win % as a starter, I think I'll take my chances with Vince's "crappy" passing.[/quote]
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby LonghornFan68 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:48 pm

Did their boards go 'silent'?

There are currently as many online users of www.hornfans.com as there are registered users of this site. Hornfans has 36430 registered users. I don't think it's broken.
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Next

Return to Football