PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Line/Prediction Contest

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby BaldingBear » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:26 pm

BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie wrote:Not to mention, your school is located in Waco, and you don't have any nice facilities or history to offer.

Just like the 1960s, 70s, and 80s huh? Baylor has pretty much always been in Waco, had sub-par facilities compared to conference rivals, and if you think BU doesn't have any football history then you are alot younger or more ignorant than i thought.
Baylor University-Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas
BaldingBear

Postby robo98564BU » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:27 pm

BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie wrote:I expect an objective reply here from you guys on this. How exactly do you plan on beating A&M/Texas/Tech on a "more regular basis"? I don't know what green and gold kool-aid is being consumed over on baylorfans.com but you guys seem to think you can start being 4th or higher in the south....

Based on what? You won't just start beating out the big three, OU, LSU, Arkysaw, etc. in blue chips. You don't have anything to offer in Waco over any of those schools. So, the bottom line question is how do you expect to climb out of the cellar?

By big three, you mean OU, UT, and Tech right???
robo98564BU
Recruit

Postby DiamondM75 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:32 pm

I can't wait until September 18, when SMU has beaten both of them. Maybe then this b__s__t thread will stop.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby SouthernMustang » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:35 pm

BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie wrote:you're comparing current times to SWC times. It will be a lot harder for you to be competitive now, than back then. You have a lot more recruiting powers to overcome, and you have been 6-66 in Big 12 play.

Not to mention, your school is located in Waco, and you don't have any nice facilities or history to offer.

Odd # for a Baptist School to have ....
SouthernMustang
Scout Team

Postby SouthernMustang » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:50 pm

BaldingBear wrote:
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie wrote:Not to mention, your school is located in Waco, and you don't have any nice facilities or history to offer.

Just like the 1960s, 70s, and 80s huh? Baylor has pretty much always been in Waco, had sub-par facilities compared to conference rivals, and if you think BU doesn't have any football history then you are alot younger or more ignorant than i thought.

The Big XII South is not the SWC -- you had good records b/c you got to play UH, Rice, TCU, and SMU each year. You now play OU, UT, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State. Every single one of those teams went to a good bowl last year.

Yes, you beat A&M at home. But it was still an upset, you're talent level is significantly lower. You can't come on here proclaiming you will DESTROY SMU at home b/c of your superior talent, and then regress that talent didn't matter in the A&M game...

Of course, double standards are the Baptist way. :twisted:
SouthernMustang
Scout Team

Postby BaldingBear » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:01 pm

SouthernMustang wrote:
BaldingBear wrote:

The Big XII South is not the SWC -- you had good records b/c you got to play UH, Rice, TCU, and SMU each year. You now play OU, UT, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State. Every single one of those teams went to a good bowl last year.

I'm talking BU v. A&M there. Look at my post breaking down the records in those decades. Nearly 50/50 in those years vs. A&M, no other schools mentioned. BTW, i'm not a Baptist. I've been a member of the Methodist Church since 1976. Also, a recent poll of BU students showed that 40-45% were Baptist. Not all BU students are Baptist like so many seem to think.
Baylor University-Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas
BaldingBear

Postby Dooby » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:55 pm

This is the worthless waste of time I was talking about. A&M fans should not argue with Baylor fans on an SMU board about Baylor or A&M. Go to a Big XII board, an A&M board or a Baylor board.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:02 pm

you know its sad there is not one Texas website message board devoted to Texas college Football. The geniuses at TexasFootball.com are sitting on a profitable goldmine but are too dumb to realize it. The potential to combine fans from Texas colleges/Texas High Schools in one website is enormous.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BrianTinBigD » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:24 pm

Since Bayor shocked A&M last year they were hammered by 25, 28 and 35 in the remaining three games.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:52 pm

exactly... they had their one fluke win against CU in 2003, and against A&M in 2004... will they keep up their 1 conference win a season with another shocker?? I'm predicting a 1-2 conference win season for Baylor.
BeerBus Tailgatin Aggie
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football