PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Boulevard: 2005 Version

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Boulevard: 2005 Version

Postby Hoofbeat83 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:40 am

to any students that read the board:

so are all the bad feelings from the end of last season over? was the solution to the drinking thing satisfactory to the students (in general)?

IOW: will the kids be out on the blvd?
Hoofbeat83
All-American

Postby Dooby » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:43 am

More specifically, will the 18-22 college age sorority set be there?

Not that I notice such things.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustang1412 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:59 am

The new rules just made it so students under age couldn't walk around holding a beer, it doesn't, however, keep them from drinking. It was my understanding that those that were under age last year just filled up large cups (for example a big gulp 7-11 cup) with booze and brought them to the boulevard. The school has been a real downer the past few years party-wise. When I was a freshman we were able to get away with murder....huge parties at fraternities ON campus with kegs, trashcan punch, ice blocks, etc...nowadays you can barely get away with having a few beers with your friends in your room. It seems we are trying to get rid of our party school reputation. Its a shame. Would any current students like to comment? I feel bad for you.
Mustang1412
Scout Team

Postby SouthernMustang » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:39 pm

I seem to remember last year the problem was that TABC came around, and SMU couldn't just ignore it any longer. It had little to do with SMU "wanting" to bust the Boulevard, but TABC was forcing them to.

I think this year it's set up where:

-- All students check in at one point, present a "driver's license form of ID" and will receive a wrist-band.

-- All student tents, if serving alcohol, must have bar-tenders at the tent.

-- Bar-tenders will check for wrist-bands.

So basically now, the liability is off the frats or other student org's, and the school. If someone wants to use a fake ID and get a drink, they can. But they're risking their own @$$ instead of getting the schools or org. in trouble.

Last year they were turning people down who were alumni and such b/c they weren't on the "magical list" that the school printed out and tried to verify each and every person out there to see if they were 21. Now it's no different than trying to get into a bar.
SouthernMustang
Scout Team

Postby SMU Football Blog » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:24 pm

A major part of the problem was a couple of fraternities served beer to high school kids. If a little more common sense were employed, some of this would have been avoided.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:14 pm

SMU Football Blog wrote:A major part of the problem was a couple of fraternities served beer to high school kids. If a little more common sense were employed, some of this would have been avoided.

The best thing about High School chicks is that every year I get older and they stay the same age...

(something like that)
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:31 pm

GoRedGoBlue wrote:The best thing about High School chicks is that every year I get older and they stay the same age...

(something like that)

I think you meant that every year the High School chicks get younger. That is what I seem to notice.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustang1412 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:22 pm

A major part of the problem was a couple of fraternities served beer to high school kids. If a little more common sense were employed, some of this would have been avoided.

Actually this is a problem that is not simply common sense...I had a few friends from Highland Park that said they went to my fraternity's tent claiming they were first years. You try and tell the difference between a 17 year old in an SMU shirt and an 18 year old with an SMU shirt after being 12 beers deep. Think about it dumb [deleted].
Mustang1412
Scout Team

Postby oakley » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:08 pm

mustang1412 might have said the first intelligent thing I've read.
oakley
Junior Varsity

Return to Football