PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sorority sex ring

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sorority sex ring

Postby abezontar » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:05 am

Is the rumor about the sorority sex ring used to get recruits to SMU during the early 1980s true? I thought we just paid everybody, but my wife is reading this book about sororities and it alleges (among other things) that there was a group of sorority girls that were paid to have sex with recruits to get them to come to SMU. Any one know the truth to the story?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:48 am

I for one doubt that this would be true. For one reason - WHY. For money - right SMU sorority girls need money.
They can't get dates - wrong.

I think that you are confused with TCU and the Jim Wacker period. Not flaming just stating history.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BrianTinBigD » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:57 am

I thought that this was a "story" that Norm Hitzges broke that this ring existed. However, I believe that the story died and Norm had egg on his face. I have e-mailed Norm to see if he was involved in this story and what the scoop really was at the time.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:40 am

I have heard the same thing about other schools so I would question the truth in it.
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:08 am

Sorority girls at SMU didn't need money. There may have been a few that might have done it just to say they did it, but they wouldn't have asked for money. That would make them whores, which no sorority girl would ever want to be called.
EastStang

Postby gostangs » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:05 pm

Not only do SMU sorority girls not need the money - but even if they did you would not need to pay them to have sex with football recruits. It did not make sense about six ways - The hilarious part was Norm thinking he had this big scoop, and he just looked more and more pathetic as the story slipped away into oblivion.
gostangs

Postby Rayburn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:42 pm

Phoney story.
Rayburn
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby oakley » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:33 am

It was probably a Fraternity Sex Ring, knowing how rainbow friendly the smu campus is.
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby WorldStang » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:48 am

oakley wrote:It was probably a Fraternity Sex Ring, knowing how rainbow friendly the smu campus is.

Come on Oakley.. everyone knows about the "ice cream socials" your type throws at Cameron Park. A Sex Ring must be foreign to a guy that spent time at "Milk and Cookies" parties with the boys. You must have been part of that k-o-t fraternity down in Waco.. all those guys were g-a-y.
What we obtain too cheap.. we esteem too lightly. It is persistence alone that gives everything its value.
WorldStang
All-American

Postby BUS » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 am

Hey Weeping Willow. the ATO or Gay T O was removed decades ago.

The joke about Aggies catching gays, The first time they cut off the middle finger, the second offense the 4th finger is cut off. The third time they get sent to Austin.

Hand up!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Return to Football