PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

We're Doomed!!!!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

We're Doomed!!!!!!

Postby Stallion » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:39 pm

Oakly is is posting pages and pages of scouting reports on our scrimmage On BaylorFans.com. My favorite comment was "Empty backfield=pass play" oh and apparently Andrew Galloway is now the starting punter. Not too impressed with Eckert either-says he wipes his hand on his towel before every pass play. Did anybody spot any lime green leisure suits last nite?
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUguy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:01 pm

Heh - I'm sure Coach Morriss is distributing laminated copies of oakley's stellar scouting reports to his staff.

"OK, now oakley says they have a new punter. Forget the guy who has started for the last three years. Watch-out for the walk-on punter. He's a real weapon. And we'd better hope that SMU never plays the Romo kid, because apparently he doesn't have as much saliva as Eckert. And remember, when there are no running backs in the game, they're not likely to hand the ball off.

Thank god oakley was there to scout the Ponies for us."
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:02 pm

Damn, I was sitting next to this geek with a T-shirt that said " I survived the Waco traffic circle". I should have put 2 and 2 together.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUguy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:04 pm

The Waco traffic circle?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:08 pm

before the dawn of interstates many Texas towns had circles where the main highways intersected and you would literally circle around to get to the highway you wanted. Waco and Lubbock are two examples. dallas used to have one near Harry Hines and Northwest Highway.
Stallion

Postby SMUguy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:21 pm

Gotcha. Thanks
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby oakley » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:11 pm

heck, I just made all that stuff up. you mean you actually have a punter that wears #11? wow! lucky guess. as this is all for entertainment only, glad you are entertained - happy to be of assistance.

WHERE is the 'stang version of the scrim?

make it good.
oakley
Junior Varsity

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:48 pm

Stallion wrote:before the dawn of interstates many Texas towns had circles where the main highways intersected and you would literally circle around to get to the highway you wanted. Waco and Lubbock are two examples. dallas used to have one near Harry Hines and Northwest Highway.

Hence, Circle Bowl, and Circle Motel at NWHighway at HHines (Where the highway was before i-35 came about).

All of Europe and S. America still use roundabouts...
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby oakley » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:57 pm

interesting....

ZzzzZzzzZzzz
oakley
Junior Varsity

Re: We're Doomed!!!!!!

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:37 pm

Stallion wrote:Oakly is is posting pages and pages of scouting reports on our scrimmage On BaylorFans.com. My favorite comment was "Empty backfield=pass play" oh and apparently Andrew Galloway is now the starting punter. Not too impressed with Eckert either-says he wipes his hand on his towel before every pass play. Did anybody spot any lime green leisure suits last nite?

Ol Patterson over at froggyville is paying them BIG BUCKS for those
reports. :evil:
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:56 pm

Stallion wrote:before the dawn of interstates many Texas towns had circles where the main highways intersected and you would literally circle around to get to the highway you wanted. Waco and Lubbock are two examples. dallas used to have one near Harry Hines and Northwest Highway.
That's where the El Chico is (was?) located that was serving dog food in place of its chile con carne back in the 70s. Baylor students and Wacoans didn't know the difference and said it was 'tasty'. :shock:
MrMustang1965

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:26 pm

Hey Oakley- Is The Health Camp still there? I heard that is a great burger. I need to try it, it's been there for something like 60 years.
I have wore out the Elite Cafe over 20 years of going up and down I-35.

Floyd Casey was the site of what many have called one of the Top 10 high school games ever when Lake Highlands played Huntsville led by Chuck Clements. I am still aching over that one.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby robo98564BU » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:18 pm

LakeHighlandsPony wrote:Hey Oakley- Is The Health Camp still there? I heard that is a great burger. I need to try it, it's been there for something like 60 years.
I have wore out the Elite Cafe over 20 years of going up and down I-35.

Floyd Casey was the site of what many have called one of the Top 10 high school games ever when Lake Highlands played Huntsville led by Chuck Clements. I am still aching over that one.

Yes Health Camp is still there... and now they take credit cards!!!
robo98564BU
Recruit

Postby ponydawg » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:33 am

Wish we could hire Oakley to do some neato scouting reports for us in the future, he took some great pictures with his cell phone and posted them on baylor fans, nerd.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rayburn » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:40 pm

LakeHighlandsPony: Yeah, Health Camp is still there, next to the Elite Cafe. The Elite has been redone to look like an upscale eatery (!).
Rayburn
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football