PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

#17 Tie versus Texas A&M (1994)

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

#17 Tie versus Texas A&M (1994)

Postby PK » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:48 pm

PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby that's great raplh » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:06 pm

i remeber no game better than i do the 1994 am game

i listed to the game on the radio just before I left the great city of dallas

i almost cried - never had i felt a greater loss in CFB
that's great raplh

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:36 pm

Watched it on TV in Houston...and cried. :cry:
MrMustang1965

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:45 pm

i was there in ole' san antonio! i didn't think there was any tv on that game?
ALEX LIFESON

Postby MrMustang1965 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:53 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:i was there in ole' san antonio! i didn't think there was any tv on that game?
One of the Houston stations picked it up for all the Aggies in Space City.
MrMustang1965

Postby PonyFanSweetie » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:53 pm

What was even greater than the game was afterwards, there wasn't a single aggy willing to wear their maroon. The night before they were all about talking smack, then the night after the game, they were awfully quiet. Greatness!
PonyFanSweetie
Junior Varsity

Postby ThadFilms » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:23 am

I remember that game well... I was a sophomore in high school. I remember it just being me in the house (my folks were out and my much older siblings had long ago moved out). I had the radio on in the kitchen, in my room, in my parents room, in the living room... all over. My nerves were so shot, I had to run from room to room.

Never has a tie that BIG been soooo dissapointing. At least for me... I just couldn't believe we didn't win. Granted, at the outset, well let's just say I didn't "think" we were going to win... but, darn it! I wanted that field goal so bad... I was on the floor, on my knees covering my face, telling god I would never doubt his existence again, if this little pigsking could just PLEASE make it through the uprights. PLEASE!

And so it goes, and so it goes...

Well will make up for it this year... actually will make up for that and the 1995 miscarriage of justice that happened at Kyle. Seriously, some people (in zebra suits) needed to get fired for what happened in that game.

-T
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby huntnfish » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:14 am

Yeah, 1995 was worse! when SMU was winning with 56 seconds left in the game and the Aggies get two bs pass interference calls and Albert Connell makes an unbelievable catch OUT OF BOUNDS with a few seconds left! Even Bennet can vouch for the bs calls and how SMU outplayed SMU in that game as he was the defensive coordinator.
huntnfish
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:21 am

Ties in a 1 win season are more important than Cotton Bowl victories around here. Simply pathetic!
Stallion

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:24 am

Stallion wrote:Ties in a 1 win season are more important than Cotton Bowl victories around here. Simply pathetic!

Relative to the record, the tie against the ranked aggies gave something to hope for...
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby huntnfish » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:52 am

Stallion,

These are greatest moments, not greatest teams or seasons. On that day, in that stadium SMU was just as good as the #7 team in the country- considering what SMU and Rossley and Tenuta had to work with that day, it was pretty remarkable.

Stallion, I know you hate anything being compared to the SMU of the early 1980s, but what do you care, its not like you ever played a down.
huntnfish
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:57 am

and you people that support this whitewash of SMU History are just as pathetic as the pathedtic program you support. I just hope fans of other schools don't get wind of this [deleted] that says a tie in a one win season was the 17th greatest moment in SMU History. I'm sure they'd laugh their asses off about that.
Stallion

Postby huntnfish » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:01 am

I repeat:

These are greatest moments, not greatest teams or seasons. On that day, in that stadium SMU was just as good as the #7 team in the country- considering what SMU and Rossley and Tenuta had to work with that day, it was pretty remarkable.

Stallion, I know you hate anything being compared to the SMU of the early 1980s, but what do you care, its not like you ever played a down.
huntnfish
Varsity

Postby Dooby » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:38 am

Stallion wrote:and you people that support this whitewash of SMU History are just as pathetic as the pathedtic program you support. I just hope fans of other schools don't get wind of this [deleted] that says a tie in a one win season was the 17th greatest moment in SMU History. I'm sure they'd laugh their asses off about that.

As soon as the "90 greatest moments" was announced, it was obvious that there would be problems. Only an idiot would think the SID would put out something devoid of anything from the past 20 years. Would I put a tie at no. 17? No. But I am not going to get worked up about it. It is freakin' marketing.

Stallion, if you relaxed a moment, you would realize there is much better fodder here than anything on the list. If we are so proud of our academics, why don't they bring up the fact that the football players graduating as a greatest moment? Or a clean program? Or academic integrity? Or the Commitment? You and I both know why.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football