PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The bidness of SMU is losing

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The bidness of SMU is losing

Postby Nacho » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:10 am

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/ ... bears.html

Looks like Baylor is ready for us, especially their d-line. Since our o-line is our weakest link I see a long evening in store for us on 9/3/05. The only thing multiple about our offense is the way snaps from center will be heading .

Since we haven't won an opener since the Coolidge administration maybe we can get the Coolidge library when Baylor gets the W thang.

Good luck to the stangs. Prediction 1-10. I would predict an o-fer but been there done that.

Hope that was helpful.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby WildHorse » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:34 am

Wow - what's your outlook like when we play someone good? Sure, Baylor might win, and we might win. But 1-10? Come on -- I've got us down for 4 wins.

SMU 24
Baylor 20
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Nacho » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:42 am

4 wins??? Optimism reigns!!!

We might beat a very lousy team at the end of the season, maybe even 2 lousy teams if it's a full moon, and then call it something to build on for next year. Isn't that the script. I think I have it down.

Go September! Our finest month. Can't wait. I see Green.
Nacho

Postby WildHorse » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:49 am

'Scuse me -- and 6 or 7 wins in 2006.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 am

WildHorse wrote:'Scuse me -- and 6 or 7 wins in 2006.

Danny Sheridan odds have us at 8:1 to win the conference...that is 6th place...therefore...according to Vegas, we should win 4 CUSA games

Now, we should be able to at least split TCU or Baylor, but we could win both or lose both just as easily.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:07 am

I have studied the schedule meticulously and the only win I can see with the slightest degree of confidence (and I do mean slight) is East Carolina. Sorry but we can't hang with anyone else. We might get lucky and beat someone else but it is so far removed from logical thought patterns that I can't predict it.

Be true to your school
just like you would with your gitl or guy...

1-10 is not so bad. We can build on it for next year.
Nacho

Postby EastStang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:20 am

We did beat Kansas to open a season what 5 years ago. So, its not as long ago as you think. No doubt that Baylor is looking at our game as one of their few possible wins as well. I expect a good game. This is a real question mark year for us. Based on last year's performances, I could see a 1-10 type year, but based upon information coming from camp, I could see 5 wins this year. I really think that the Baylor game will tell us a lot. If we come out flat and get steamrolled like we did in the Navy game, it will definitely be a long season. If we lose to Baylor in a close game, then it could be a long year. If we beat Baylor it would really do a lot for building up the confidence for these guys and who knows, or we could have the wheels come off like they did after the Kansas game. This is a year that excuses are over and the players have to get it done on the field.
EastStang

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:21 am

dark, very dark. Who pissed in your nachos, Nacho? :P
Hoop Fan

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:32 am

Hoop Fan wrote:dark, very dark. Who pissed in your nachos, Nacho? :P

QUOTE: “Everybody keeps telling us that the d-line is different,” said Gary, a fifth-year senior and former walk-on from San Antonio. “We walk a little different. We're talking a little different. I don't really see it, but I feel it. There's something going on with the d-line. I take it personally, and we're going to make sure that we're not the weakest link this season.”

I'm scared...
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby originaloverthehilltop1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:33 am

that's whats been missing from my life! i need to find a nice gitl.
originaloverthehilltop1
Varsity

Postby GoRedGoBlue » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:36 am

WildHorse wrote:'Scuse me -- and 6 or 7 wins in 2006.

NT, TxS, SamHS, ArkState=4 (TxSt not officially on schedule, but we get to play 12 games, so I think they are looking at adding them).

Please tell me NEXT year we can split conference with our Senior laden team (or at least JR-RS laden)=4

We better go 8-4 next year or we are stepping BACKWARDS, and the Earth will stop rotating because the core quit.
GoRedGoBlue
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:39 am

originaloverthehilltop1 wrote:that's whats been missing from my life! i need to find a nice gitl.

Careful. Some of the gitls in Ruchardson are pretty wild! :lol:
mrydel

Postby robo98564BU » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:31 pm

GoRedGoBlue wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote:dark, very dark. Who pissed in your nachos, Nacho? :P

QUOTE: “Everybody keeps telling us that the d-line is different,” said Gary, a fifth-year senior and former walk-on from San Antonio. “We walk a little different. We're talking a little different. I don't really see it, but I feel it. There's something going on with the d-line. I take it personally, and we're going to make sure that we're not the weakest link this season.”

I'm scared...

Walk-ons can be successful so dont be ignorant... Our All American is a former walkon as well [deleted]
robo98564BU
Recruit

Postby jtstang » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:40 pm

robo98564BU wrote:Our All American is a former walkon as well [deleted]

You must be very proud of him going from walkon [deleted] to All American.
jtstang

Postby Nacho » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:46 pm

Just when I was going to stop giving the Baptists a hard time they start using profanity. Whas up with that, bro? Don't they learn you guys nothin down in wac-o? You guys should have gone to state schools. That Baptist education isn't paying off. You cuss, gamble, booze, drug, shoot people and who knows what else. shame, shame. At least the hypocrite card couldn't be played against you at old state u.
Nacho

Next

Return to Football