PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The BLVD --- Before & After Pics

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The BLVD --- Before & After Pics

Postby Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:43 pm

The SMU BLVD resting up for this weekend!

Ain't she pretty!

Before & After Pics:

"THE SMU BLVD - - NO PLACE ELSE" (retired)
Special_Delivery_Smu_Fans
Heisman

Postby BUS » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:49 pm

I remeber the first game. Kansas a few years back. My son and I slept on the Blvd. We arrived at 5 on Friday, went to the lettermens BBQ, met Don Meredith and talked for 45 minutes.

My son did not get into the bus to sleep till 4 am ( something about playing guitar for some college girls ) .

At noon it was still pretty sparse. Every hour it got more crowded until there were 12,000 people on the Blvd.

Not my count just what was published. FUN TIME and a WIN.

Go Mustangs
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LonghornFan68 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:52 pm

If you stare closely at the second pic you can see Thadfilms mooching some more booze from some unsuspecting fan. :P

Hehe, can't wait to join you guys on the Blvd for a game this year. Will be a nice departure from the crowded but lively Texas tailgates.
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby ThadFilms » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:03 pm

LonghornFan68 wrote:If you stare closely at the second pic you can see Thadfilms mooching some more booze from some unsuspecting fan. :P

Hehe, can't wait to join you guys on the Blvd for a game this year. Will be a nice departure from the crowded but lively Texas tailgates.

That's my specialty. :lol:

It'll be nice for you to see the Tulane game, as you have only experienced the late season BLVD's... those are a little more chill seeing the Pony faithful wait patiently for a sign from the football gods... or just get drunk and curl up under a nice tree.

With all the new TABC rules, any word on if they are going to crack down on the recent tradition that saw students partying in the center of campus starting at 12:01am on gamedays? It's too bad if they do, because I thought that was cool. Something that I would definitely be down for if I were a student.

Beer Good.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby GUNPERUNA » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:58 pm

THIS IS A PICTURE FROM THE "BIGGER & LIVELY" TEXAS LONGHORN TAILGAITING PARTY.

BIGGER IS NOT NECESSARILY BETTER...EEWWFF
GUNPERUNA
Junior Varsity

Postby LonghornFan68 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:07 pm

/\ Exudes class. :roll:
Official Cult of Chris Phillips Member
LonghornFan68
Heisman

Postby Mustang1412 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:08 pm

With all the new TABC rules, any word on if they are going to crack down on the recent tradition that saw students partying in the center of campus starting at 12:01am on gamedays? It's too bad if they do, because I thought that was cool. Something that I would definitely be down for if I were a student.

The initial rules for drinking on game days was exactly that....you could drink on the boulevard on the day of the game. We came to the accurate conclusion that 12:01 am was the day of the game and commenced to drink at the strike of midnight. This made for a couple REALLY fun nights, however, the school changed the rule making it allowable only after 7 am I think. Proving once again that school officials are trying to lesson the reputation of a party school.
Mustang1412
Scout Team

Postby SMU Football Blog » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 pm

Mustang1412 wrote:

The initial rules for drinking on game days was exactly that....you could drink on the boulevard on the day of the game. We came to the accurate conclusion that 12:01 am was the day of the game and commenced to drink at the strike of midnight. This made for a couple REALLY fun nights, however, the school changed the rule making it allowable only after 7 am I think. Proving once again that school officials are trying to lesson the reputation of a party school.

SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Diamond Girl » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:13 pm

Gunperuna, Thanks for clearing up that pic saying it's from a UT tailgating party. I thought it might have been some Kappa alumnae event.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby PK » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:57 pm

That's cold Diamond Girl.
PK

Postby Diamond Girl » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:33 pm

I'm sorry, PK. I won't insult any sorority chicks again.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby PK » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:37 pm

Do what you want...it was just a comment. I assume they can defend themselves if they bother to read this board. :roll: If not...tough cookies.
PK

Return to Football