PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tech wants 100

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tech wants 100

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Just reported on ESPN's SportsCenter, Mike Leach is going to be aiming for 100 againist Indiana State this week...He wont be calling off the dog ESPN reports.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dooby » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:51 pm

If I am the coach, I run double cornerback blitzes every play. Maybe Leach will get a 100, but maybe his quarterback will be on a stretcher.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Dooby
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby WreckEm16 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:21 pm

Wow that is nowhere close to what was said.

A reporter asked Cody Hodges whether or not Tech could score 100. He said yeah, and if it was going to happen it would probably be this week.

Admitedly a dumb thing to say, but nowhere close to Leach bragging that he's going to stick it to Indiana State.

Even the 80 we put up last week was without the 1st string for almost half the game. Should we be punting every first down and just hope our defense scores enough to win?
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby ponydawg » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:26 pm

no, you should make sure your schedule is as weak as possible.

Which I guess you are since you are playing us next year.......

Thats right, I cut us both down.........

leach is a scum bag.

but really, do you like going and paying money to see such worthless games?
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby WreckEm16 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:31 pm

No, I hate it. The game was as boring as watching paint dry. But I'll put up with it this year because it's a one-time thing - we go back to normal OOC schedules next year (with a possible visit from Washington State).

One more of these snoozers to sit through next week... Ugh.
And when I die<BR>You can bury me<BR>In Lubbock, Texas,<BR>In my jeans.<P>-Mac Davis
WreckEm16
Junior Varsity

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:34 pm

I have gone from rooting for these guys in the Holiday Bowl to wanting somebody like Texas to kick the crap out of them.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 pm

WreckEm16 wrote:A reporter asked Cody Hodges whether or not Tech could score 100. He said yeah, and if it was going to happen it would probably be this week.

Admitedly a dumb thing to say, but nowhere close to Leach bragging that he's going to stick it to Indiana State.

Im just saying what ESPN SportsCenter said/had on its screen.

Headline said "Leach going for 100 vs Indiana State"
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football