PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

So who are our 3 starting recievers going to be?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

So who are our 3 starting recievers going to be?

Postby ALL4SMU » Fri Aug 18, 2000 4:26 pm

It sounds like we have a good bunch of recievers...Who will the starting 3 be?
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: So who are our 3 starting recievers going to be?

Postby Class of '84 » Fri Aug 18, 2000 5:22 pm

Probably have to be Cunningham, Cardwell, and Freeman...with McDearmen (spelling ?) being our possesion guy if we need a clutch reception or if one of the younger guys falters. Maybe Marcus Carter can continue to develop and contribute as the season progresses. He certainly has impressive size for a receiver.
Class of '84

Postby MustangFan » Fri Aug 18, 2000 6:00 pm

Marcus Carter does have nice size for a receiver. But he also has been very inconsistent during 2-a-days. He'll make a spectacular, athletic catch one minute, only to drop three straight that hit him in the numbers. Enough physical ability to make coaches drool, but enough incinsistency to make them pull their hair out.
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2000 7:08 pm

With the emergence of Freeman at wideout, it would have made sense to me to try Carter in the secondary especially with our shortage of manpower there. His hands are not the greatest and he has the build to be a head-hunter as a safety. The arguement against that is probably that Carter has no more experience on defense than the freshman dbacks whose main problem is not talent rather experience. I just like to have a little more heighth back there to combat some of the big receivers that Kansas, TCU, Hawaii and Fresno certainly have.

Postby ALL4SMU » Tue Aug 22, 2000 12:08 pm

Stangster-

I agree, give Carter a chance in the secondary. Who knows, maybe that is his perfect fit! He does not seem to be cutting it ad WR.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football