PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who will be this year's surprise player? And why?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who will be this year's surprise player? And why?

Postby Guest » Thu May 23, 2002 7:35 pm

What about the great Chris Cunningham? I know he's been great his first three years, but this year he'll prove that even at his size, he deserves a shot at the next level. If Troy Brown, Raghib Ismail, Kevin Lockett all those Florida midgets can pull an NFL check, so will Comet!

Postby Casey » Tue May 28, 2002 6:26 pm

I agree with the first post, that Keylon Kincade is going to have a real good year. He and ShanDerrick Charles will be a really dangerous twosome.

But the guy I look for to have a huge season is Allan Adami. He opened a few eyes last year in the Red/Blue game, and this year he was all over the place in the spring. Everyone said he was too small when he signed, remember? He's looking more and more like his brother Austin. He's going to be a big help this year, helping us get over the lack of defensive linemen.
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Postby Hoss » Thu May 30, 2002 7:36 pm

Kris Briggs is going to make everyone sit up and take notice this year. He was never quite fast enough to be a game-breaking tailback, but for a fullback, he has excellent speed and good hands. From what I hear, he has bought in completely to the new offense, and his new role, and actually enjoys blocking. He could be a major key to the offense's success this year.
Hoss
All-American

Postby Horseshoe » Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:28 pm

Two guys who I promise will get serious playing time: Keylon Kincade and Alvin Nnabuife
Horseshoe
All-American

Postby 91Stang » Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:57 am

Haven't been down to Dallas in a couple of years. What's Nnabuife like as a player? I saw on the roster that he's a safety, but can anyone tell me why he's so promising?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby MustangFan » Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:11 pm

He's a little like Brock Marion of the Dolphins. He's a little smaller than you'd like as a safety, but he has good speed and instincts, and hits like a much larger player.
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Thumper » Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:15 pm

Travis Hunt

Bloodlines (Jabbar Gaffney, Lito Shepherd, etc) are just too strong for him to not be good.
Thumper
Varsity

Previous

Return to Football