PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Peruna Punch?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Peruna Punch?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:27 pm

Whatever happened to Peruna Punch? Did he move or something? I always liked his ideas on this site.

Re: Peruna Punch?

Postby PerunaPunch » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:31 pm

Hey thanks, it’s nice to be missed!

Not MIA, just really busy. Finally rejoined the ranks of the gainfully employed about 2 months ago, and have been working like a dog to get the company’s marketing department off the ground (actually, the company isn’t that new, but we’re taking some products developed for the military, aviation and aerospace industries and trying to turn them into household brand names) ever since.

Two really primo products. RejeX is a barrier coating originally made by us for the US Air Force that makes about the best darn car/boat wax/polish you could imagine. Only have to wax your car with it about once a year. Bird crap, squished bugs, road tar and dirt wipe right off it. Even bumper stickers won’t adhere to the finish it leaves. Heck, my car is clean right now because I drove through a little rain shower on the way home today. Amazing.

The other, CorrosionX, is like WD40 on steroids. A lubricant slicker than Teflon, it out penetrates liquid wrench and makes metals impervious to corrosion. Spray it on a squeaky hinge and you won’t hear it again for years. Resurrects dead electric motors and circuit boards. Removes rust without solvents. Will make a million if I can get it into Elliott’s hardware or some auto parts stores.

Really enjoying it because my customers are automotive dealers and manufacturers, boat dealers and manufacturers, motorcycle dealers, gun dealers, US military, law enforcement agencies... All fun stuff.

You guys want some free samples, just let me know. Check out the Web site (don’t laugh, I’m redesigning it) at <A HREF="http://www.corrosionx.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corrosionx.com</A> Will try to be better about staying in touch. Should be getting e-mail/Internet at work next week which will help a lot.

As exciting as lubricants can be, I’d much rather be discussing Mustang Football. Anyone else ready for Navy?!?
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby Fresh » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:40 pm

Hell yes I'm ready for Navy - the Ponies will sink the fleet, so to speak.

When I first heard of this site, I was told that there were several regulars on the site who know a lot about SMU football, and who also are entertaining writers that keep the site fun to visit. Peruna Punch, you were one of the first ones listed.

Glad to have you back on board.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby jettison » Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:53 pm

Did somebody say free samples?

PerunaPunch... I'm always leary of giddy salesmen, stuff that sounds like it could very well wash your garage away along with the bug guts, and any product formerly developed for the military (I was hesitant on this whole internet bandwagon).

On the other hand, I've been known to forego all my root philosophical principles for the sake of ingesting, consuming, using, riding, etc anything that is free. If you ever make it to the Elliot's in Grapevine, I'll gladly walk across the street from my work and take a free sample. Actually, all I really want is some of that stuff that keeps bumper stickers from sticking... that way when suburban boredom takes hold of me I can park my car in a parking lot on a rainy day and watch those hyper kids that slide their feet across random bumpers get a nice surprise...
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:43 pm

Jettison, you got a deal. Do me a favor, would you? Those punks at Elliot's are dragging their feet about stocking RejeX and CorrosionX. So call your Grapevine Elliot's and request it often. That way, when Elliot's finally places an order, I can deliver it personally and drop off your free sample at the same time.

Then we can hit that great Mexican food place off main street while we're at it!!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby whatasteve » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:31 pm

jettison, you're right to be leery of salesmen -- especially Peruna Punch -- but in this case, you're smart to check out the goop he's peddling. I've seen the results of the RejeX on PP's car. It looks better than when he bought it, honestly .... sort of has that new car shine that nobody can duplicate and that fades off your car the second you drive it off the lot. I'm not one to shill for a product, but the evidence is hard to argue.

Alas, I can't slap that stuff on my car - the product has yet to be invented that will scare off the pterodactyls that live in the trees outside my office.
whatasteve
Junior Varsity

Return to Football