PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New Poll: 2002 rushing leader?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New Poll: 2002 rushing leader?

Postby PonyPride » Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:44 pm

Vote now on the home page!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: New Poll: 2002 rushing leader?

Postby Fresh » Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:09 pm

I say Kincade will lead the team in rushing, but only because of the mystery surrounding ShanD's injury. If he comes back healthy, based on his great freshman season, ShanD might lead the team again. But until we know how healthy he is, Kincade gets my vote.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby ShanDtheMan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:07 pm

What's wrong with you, Fresh? Kincade can play, but ShanD is the best RB in the WAC. What he did last year was no accident.
And he'll be ready to go at the beginning of 2-a-days. Trust me.
ShanDtheMan
Scout Team

Postby Ponymon » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:32 am

I hope his back injury isn't too severe. I have a bad back and it is miserable. I have taken the corizone shots once and am again eligible, but have been putting it off. I think Feldene works much better than Vioxx. Forget Advil and Tylenol. They offer no relief! I don't know how these athletes can continue to play at a high level. Obviously, bad backs have forced the retirement of some top notch players on our team as well as the Cowboys (Haley and Novacek immediately come to mind). In addition to taking Feldene (I am not a doctor so get your doctor's opinion first!), he needs to do back exercises daily. I also recommend that everyone that reads this board consider doing these exercises daily. After all, an estimated 70 million in the U.S. population alone have back problems! If you are lucky enough to have avoided this problem, do the exercises and, hopefully, you won't have to go through what I and several of my buddies have had to put up with for at least 20 years. By the way, I caused my disks to bulge by jogging. My wife was formerly a pharmaceutical rep and the orthopedic doctors that she called on particularly loved the joggers steady business!
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:18 pm

Sure, ShanD will be better by the beginning of 2-a-days, but will he be able to compete with Kincade when:
1) Keylon will be in better shape
2) Keylon will have oodles more practice time with the new offense, and
3) Coach B is real high on Kincade after his terrific showing thus far?

ShanD may be the better back, but he's doing himself a huge disservice by missing these voluntary summer practices.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:20 pm

By the way, the aforementioned is my very humble opinion only. Not based on any firsthand knowledge whatsoever.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyFan » Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:05 pm

Is Kincade in much better shape? I've heard whispers in the past that he isn't the hardest worker in the world.
And besides, with ShanD, we're talking about an 18 (I think) year old kid who's always in great shape. These are kids who can go out all night (I don't know if ShanD does that, of course) and still run like the wind. I bet they'll be in similar shape when August rolls around.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Hal » Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:20 pm

Kincade will lead the team with 1,251 yards on the ground this year, and 7 rushing touchdowns.
Give or take a few yards.
Hal
Varsity

Return to Football