PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WE can do it

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WE can do it

Postby wachamps » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:48 am

Mustang fans and students-

Day in and day out this site draws the attention of many friends, family,fans, athletes and students. The board is no doubt a great way for people to converse and support the future of this school and it's athletes. I doubted if I should even submit to this forum, but I feel as though the football team would support of this message. Many things have been said about different players and particular sides of the ball (offense/defense). To those who support our team- it is much appreciated and hopefully you continue to support our program through thick and thin. We don't need "band-wagon" fans nor do we need negative comments directed at individual players. If you think you can do any better then I invite you down to the locker room to put on the pads and compete with whoever you think "isn't that good." We work too hard and put too much effort into this team for some people to sit back on there computers and tear us down. Believe this, when Navy comes we will take things one step at a time, one game at a time. If you doubt us then check your support-o-meter cause we don't doubt ourselves. There will be no suprises in our eyes no matter who we beat. Both our defense and offense will be ready even in spite of experience or age. Starters will start and back-ups will step up. Many things are too premature to talk about and the competetion heading into two-a-days will be strong. Things will work out for the benefit of our team and we will support each other no matter what changes are made. This message is not intended to draw enemies nor is it directed at any particular person. Thank you for the support and bring it on Navy!
wachamps

Re: WE can do it

Postby Hal » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:43 pm

That's good points. We do need to support the team positively, through thick and thin. And the majority of the PonyFans on this board do. I think when someone writes that a player "isn't that good" -- which I haven't seen that often here, that's mostly on the other board -- it's just because we're all dying for football to start, and we want the team to have the best players on the field. We'll be supportive, and the players have to have thick skin when it comes to constructive criticism. I've rarely seen mindless ripping of a guy on this board, and that's one reason I like this board so much. It's very positive.

Keep the faith, and beat Navy.
Hal
Varsity

Postby Hoss » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:18 am

wachamps:
your name says it all. Love your optimism and enthusiasm.
Hoss
All-American

Postby MustangMom » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:49 pm

Well said! I agree! I know how hard the team practices and plays and I support and admire you all for this dedication. Last year, the team would have had several more W's in the win column, but for a few plays - most games were close. With all that Coach Bennett is bringing in as the new head coach and with the teams hard work, I know that SMU will have more victories.

I say Go Mustangs and support each and every player.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Return to Football