PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-Oklahoma State Game - Hotel

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU-Oklahoma State Game - Hotel

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:16 pm

A guy over on the Maniacs Site posted the following, in case anyone is planning on going up for the SMU game in Stillwater next month. Count me in!

There is a new Hampton Inn one mile from the OSU Campus that has some rooms left for the weekend SMU plays Oklahoma State.
---------------------------------------------
If anyone is interested the number is 1-800-HAMPTON. It said on the website this new Hampton Inn is one mile from OSU. I would bet most Hotels are booked on game weekends, but since this is a brand new hotel, some may not know about it yet. I think this hotel opens August 14, 2002.

They have rooms for between $70-$90. I have found Hampton Inns to be fairly clean, nice, and plus have a free continental breakfast.

Lets have a strong RED&BLUE presence at the Hampton Inn that weekend!

HAMPTON INN SUITES STILLWATER
717 East Hall Of Fame Ave - Stillwater,Ok 74074
Hotel Description:
Each Guestroom-Suite Is Of Traditional Design With Oversized Work Areas Equipped With Ergonomic Desk Chairs. Each Unit Includes Free High Speed Internet Access And Cordless Telephones At The Work Desk. Also Included Are 27-Inch Televisions -Microwaves And Refrigerators. Suites Include A Wet Bar Area.
* Oklahoma State Univ. - 1.0 Mi/2 Km

Re: SMU-Oklahoma State Game - Hotel

Postby DiamondM » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:25 pm

It was my understanding that the Mustang Club was going to have an organized trip to the game. You might check with them before booking at a different hotel.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondM:
<B>It was my understanding that the Mustang Club was going to have an organized trip to the game. You might check with them before booking at a different hotel.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I hear the Mustang Club is having a Bus Trip to the game. I think it is great the Mustang Club is having the Bus Trip, but for those not going with the Mustang Club this Hampton Inn seems like a great choice since it is a brand new hotel and very close to OSU.

Postby BoazHoes » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:24 pm

Is it a new hotel??? How close is it to OSU???
BoazHoes
Varsity

Postby PK » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:50 pm

BoazHoes....the original post states that this is a brand new hotel (opens August 14, 2002) located one mile from the OSU campus. Speed reading ain't what it's cracked up to be. Image

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 08-14-2002).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BoazHoes » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:43 pm

OK good...I just wanted to make sure it was a new hotel and close to OSU because it was only mentioned 8 times in the previous post.
BoazHoes
Varsity

Postby PK » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:16 pm

FYI...posts on the other site say almost all the hotels in Stillwater, including this new one, are booked solid for the weekend of the game already.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:30 pm

Here is info from other board.

Almost no rooms are left in Stillwater the weekend of the SMU /OSU Game.

I hear the Hampton Inn Stillwater, Fairfield Inn, Best Western, and Holiday Inn are now full for Sept 21.
(still check for cancelations though)

The Days Inn still has rooms available.

Stillwater-Days Inn
5010 W. 6th St.
Stillwater, OK US 74074
(405)743-2570 or 1-800-329-7466

Days Inn Stillwater is closest to the Oklahoma State University. We do have a restaurant within walking distance (Eskimo Joes). While staying at the Days Inn Stillwater enjoy free complimentary breakfast, free local telephone calls, and an outdoor pool. So come and stay at the Days Inn Stillwater.

Standard Rate Comfortable Room With 2 Double Beds/Smoking Private Bath/Standard Amenities
$59.00 Nightly
-------------
Standard Rate Non Smoking Room Has One Queen Bed Standard Amenities Included
$49.00 Nightly

Hurry and reserve a room, we need a crowd at this game! Road trips are fun!

Postby BillBored » Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:13 pm

This is a long shot for vacancies, but if you're without a room, you might want to check out the Student Union Hotel. It's on campus and a fine place to stay, run by the students of the hotel management program at OSU.
Harvard: The SMU of the North
BillBored
Recruit

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:24 pm

Nice to know that the Days Inn in Stillwater offers a private bath as an amenity. Those Okies are catchin' on.
Bergermeister

Postby Eddie P » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:45 pm

Any "new" news on hotel vacancies for next weekend. We have a group mobilizing to head out there. (20-30)

Postby BoazHoes » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:07 pm

But are there any "new" new hotels still abailable? If so are they close?
BoazHoes
Varsity

Postby Eddie P » Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:35 am

The "newest" new hotel (Hapton) is booked. A friend has been looking into all the hotels in the area and has not found anything yet. SMU does not have a block reserved for people coming up. I will double check that when I have lunch with them today. Hopefully something will come available. Otherwise it looks like we'll all be staying in Oklahoma City instead.

Return to Football