PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

So long!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

So long!

Postby exPPP » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:04 pm

Things have changed. So Long, SMU, and good luck.
exPPP

Re: So long!

Postby PerunaPunch » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:21 pm

If this is what I think it is...

Gee, talk about 'when it rains, it pours'. We'll miss you PPP!!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTales » Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:31 pm

PPP:
Sorry to hear this, and I hope everything works out for you, Donnie and the rest of your family. I don't know the details of what's going on, and frankly, it's none of our business. But best of luck to you and yours.
And check back in with us periodically - you'll always be a welcome part of this board and we'll always consider you and Donnie part of the SMU family.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby exPPP » Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:29 pm

Facts are elusive at this university - but my feeling right now is - it ain't over until it's over.....
exPPP

Postby BoazHoes » Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:56 pm

Who is this guy and what really happened with Donnie. Here is what I do know...we gave him a scholarship...he attends school here....he is not playing.....there is no family crisis....he did something "illegal"... so what gives. If PPP is going to get on here touting his son (which i have no problem with) then pull all his post and tell us he is leaving...then tell us he is back....one thing after another. Maybe I am out of the loop but I want to know what is up. "None of my Business". Whatever! If this was a "family matter" I would not be acting this way...but with all the rumors of "rape", "stealing", "abuse" and whatever else is out there I would think if PPP was Proud (as he says) then he would want to clear his son's name.
BoazHoes
Varsity

Postby click » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:46 pm

I know Donnie and his dad Donn.Things have changed because he was removed from the team,until last week he had a locker and a uniform there but was suspended from the team. There was no Rape,Theft, or Abuse his charges were by nature petty and had no moral consequences Donn if you read this email me otgttp2001@yahoo.com
click
Scout Team

Postby BoazHoes » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:10 am

Thanks for the reply and I do not mean to be stepping on any toes....I just want to know what happened. It would be one thing if the kids dad wasn't involved with this site but he is a regular contributor to Ponyfans and I just wish he would stop being so mysterious about this and clue us in. With all the rumors why can't he just clear his son's name if it is "petty in nature" and let us be the judge of that instead of us thinking he did something a lot worse. For crying out loud we gave him a scholarship that counts against our NCAA alotment....so I want to know why he is not on the practice field with the team.
BoazHoes
Varsity

Postby exPPP » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:40 am

Boazhoes: We have been quiet because Bennett asked us to. Now that he continues to make kneejerk decisions about Donnie, we are coming out of the closet. This is not the forum in which you will hear all the answers.

As for the "illegal" action, Donnie is charged with putting a banana in a person's tail pipe as a joke. He didn't even do that, an acquaintance did. He got blamed for it. It got out of hand. Retaliation and criminal mischief were the charges. Retaliation was dropped because it was ludicrous. The other charge is still in progress.

That's all there is to it. It's anti-climatic, I know, but since Bennett seemed to be working with us, we went by his rules.
exPPP

Postby Mickey » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:41 am

This is still a mystery. Is he still on scholarship? If so, he must be playing with the Mustangs in the future. Will he be playing this spring or next fall? If not, how can he maintain his athletic scholarship if he is not injured and still not playing?

This team needs to sign some athletes and can't afford to award scholarships to players that will never step on the field. What is the REAL scoop?
Mickey
All-American

Postby ProudPonyPa » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:15 am

Mickey. That is it. The only mystery is how and why Bennett treated Donnie like he did. You will have to ask him. I told you what the base facts are.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby ProudPonyMa » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:53 am

Now it's my turn to speak my mind. Do you think it"s been easy to keep my mouth shut, while hearing such dreadful accusations said about my son all summer? And not one is true.

That's what gossip is. Untrue. What I do know is true is that a certain young lady had threatened Donnie to "see to it that he had his scholarship taken from him." A woman's scorn as they say. She kept propositioning him again and again, he refused and it ticked her off.

I did'nt believe her at first, thought it was just talk. But apparently she meant it. She even when as far as to have him charged with sexual assault, it was dropped . Absolutely no evidence, that really made her mad.

I have no doubt that she was the "phone call" to Bennett telling him lies, and getting him into trouble. I just cant believe he would be so willing to believe and annonomous caller and not even give Donnie a chance to defend himself.

Now he is on Bennetts hit list , so it seems. None of this is fair, and having to keep quiet has been agony for us. But I am sick to death of it now.

Donnie wants nothing more than to play football at SMU. This is where he has always wanted to go. And he still does. He has made friends and gets along great with the other players.

I believe that it was blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. It not a big thing, Bennett made it big. Now its out of control. We kept our mouths shut, because Bennett told us to. He is afraid of bad press, but he is the one who caused all this to get so far out of control, by causing this mysterious aura about Donnie.

It's not fair, and I dont know what to do about it. But my son is a great quarterback. But noone knows it because he has not been given a chance. I will stop now because I gone on way to much already. Blast me away if you will. But how long do expect a mom to listen to crap about her son that is so not true and not say anything in his defense?
ProudPonyMa

Postby PonyExpress » Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:54 am

So is he still in school? Or has the whole experience soured him so much on the school that he's going to go another direction? I've obviously never seen him play, but I always hate to lose a fellow Mustang.
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Postby ProudPonyPa » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:45 am

He will finish this semester. He has been told to start looking for a new school.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby SMUFan » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:44 pm

That's a shame. Good luck
SMUFan
All-American

Postby BoazHoes » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:51 pm

Thank you for responding PPP, good to hear it from you. I was not sure it exPPP was you (remember the posting in march on the other site when they said they were you). Anyway this is a shame...I was looking forward to Donnie coming to SMU and after reading your post about him back in January I could not wait to see him competing for the starting QB spot. This really sucks, it is good to know all the "gossip" was simply gossip. From what I hear the guys on the team like him and want him to play so I hope he doesn't have to start looking for a new school. More importantly I am glad none of the rumors are true and as someone said "it was petty in nature".
BoazHoes
Varsity

Next

Return to Football