PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bordano

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bordano

Postby SMUguy » Mon Aug 28, 2000 12:17 pm

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Cowboys are actively trying to trade Chris Bordano. That's a shame, but he deserves better than to play for a crumbling team with a lunatic owner and very little talent around him on defense.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Re: Bordano

Postby ponyjim » Tue Aug 29, 2000 11:03 pm

you know what really hacks me off is win Bordano will make like 6 tackles in a row, half of them unassisted, and the announcers won't acknowledge even his presence on the roster and then Aggie Dat Nyguen (spelling?) makes a measly shoe string tackle and the announcers go off for a lunar cycle about how sound a linebacker he is. I admit that he is a sound linebacker. But be that as it may, Bordano is not getting any respect. If this rumor is true, about him being traded and all, then I pray that he is sent to a team where he will get the recognition and the COMPENSATION he deserves.

Beat the Hell outta KU!
Go Ponies!
ponyjim
Scout Team

Postby Horseshoe » Wed Aug 30, 2000 11:02 am

Well said, PonyJim. Bordano would be a lock for the Hall of Fame if he got overhyped like Nguyen does. (After all, hype got Nate Newton to the Pro Bowl for a few years, despite a glaring lack of any talent to go along with his enormous gut, his enormous ego and his enormous mouth.) I agree with you - Bordano deserves to land on a winning team, and I hope he comes back and makes Jerry and Campo realize what a mistake it was to turn him loose.
Horseshoe
All-American

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Sep 07, 2000 2:18 pm

I just heard from a friend that Bordano is an Atlanta Falcon. Congrats.

I knew Bordano would be picked up by somebody, and I am glad he is not with the Cowboys, though it would be nice to have him in Dallas.

Chris is too hard of a worker and too good of a ball player not to be in the NFL. The Cowboys are ignorant for not seeing this. He was a starter with the Saints, but he could not cut it with the Cowboys crappy defense? That is wrong.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby jettison » Thu Sep 07, 2000 2:54 pm

Oh well, we all know how the Cowboys are making lots of wise decisions lately. Shah, right! As for myself, I'm certainly ready for a Mustangs/AZ Cardinals double victory celebration. But I'm just a sun devil wearing a peruna costume these days.
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby THE ROCK » Fri Sep 08, 2000 3:30 pm

THE ROCK SAYS...

AS AN AVID COWBOY HATER, I AM VERY PLEASED TO SEE CHRIS LEAVE THE COWBOYS! BEST OF LUCK TO A GREAT PERSON AND MUSTANG IN ATL.
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
THE ROCK
Scout Team

Postby PonyTales » Fri Sep 08, 2000 5:06 pm

Congrats to the GREAT BORDANO! Good luck in Atlanta.
PonyTales
Heisman

Return to Football