PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

O line

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

O line

Postby PonyTales » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:11 pm

Let's give credit where it's due: the offensive line has done much better this year than any of us expected. O-line coach Bob Stanley has done a great job. Sterling Harris did an acceptable if not great job on Aaron Hunt, and the interior of the line opened a lot of holes for Keylon Kincade. Coach Bennett wants even better performance from the line, but they're off to a better start than most of us expected.
PonyTales
Heisman

Re: O line

Postby sam » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:18 pm

The O-line is playing great and Harris is awesome,I stated earlier why with the ball on the 1 inch line did we not run behind our best lineman. Sterling is "THE MAN"
sam
Junior Varsity

Postby Hal » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:06 pm

Harris is big and strong. But calling him "the man"? Who have you been watching? I mean, I hope he has a great senior year, but come on, he hasn't shown himself to be the man. At least not yet.
Hal
Varsity

Postby Iceman » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:48 pm

Not that I am not impressed with the line play so far, but what happened to TC? Isn't he a senior and one of the leaders on the team. Did he just get beat out or is he hurt?
Viva Los Gordos!
Iceman
Junior Varsity

Postby JasonB » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:31 pm

TC got beat out by SR Image
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby HorsePower » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:45 pm

For a redshirt freshman, Brad Kieschnick has been playing his heart out. As he gets stronger and more comfortable in his position, he could become a heck of a lineman for us.
HorsePower
Heisman

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:06 pm

It should also be pointed out that Townsend Hargis is busting his tail out there. He's played multiple positions since he got to SMU, and the way he's settled in at guard this season has been commendable.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Return to Football