PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Keys to beating TCU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Keys to beating TCU

Postby Iceman » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:37 pm

No turnovers. Instead, lets create some. Three would be ideal.

Establish the run. If we run the ball like we did last week, we will be fine.

Creat some pass rush. Need to get to the QB. He is a senior but has little experience.

Protect our QB. Strength of TCU is their pass rush/blitzing. We need to do a good job of picking that up.

We do those four things, we win.

Would be so nice to beat those Frogs in Ft. Worth. It's about time.
Viva Los Gordos!
Iceman
Junior Varsity

Re: Keys to beating TCU

Postby Vitale » Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:53 pm

I'm right there with you, Iceman - beating the little froggies would be awesome with a capital A!

A slight amendment to one of your keys: not only do we need to get to Stilley (LB blitzes?), but we also need to physically beat him around. I'm not saying to cheap-shot the guy, but we need to bruise him up a bit to make sure he's looking over his shoulder every time he drops back.

We also need to contain LaTarence Dunbar. He's killed us in the past.
Vitale
All-American

Postby RedRiverPony » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:11 pm

Don't forget NT John Turntine. He doesn't look as impressive as McDonald, but he's always around the ball and seems to make a ton of plays. Also, he occupies blockers, freeinup running oom for McDonald and the rest of the LBs.
RedRiverPony
All-American

Postby Texastang » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:26 pm

Iceman,
Did you figure all that out on your own? Wow! Your are right with what we need to do, but what it really boils down to is the O-Line. I really think that our defense is going to be able to contain their offense, if they can play the way they did against Tech. But what we need is for our O-line to not only do their jobs, but be a@#holes about it. These guys have talent, but they will become twice as good as they are now when they adjust their attitudes. And for the record, I'm not talking about all of them. Some of these guys have the right idea.
Texastang
Scout Team

Return to Football