PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WAC teams in bowls

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WAC teams in bowls

Postby The Q » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:13 pm

I never knew all this.

The WAC has contracts with four bowls this season; the GMAC Bowl, the ConAgra Foods Hawai‘i Bowl, the Crucial.com Humanitarian Bowl and the Silicon Valley Football Classic. The GMAC Bowl will match a Conference USA team versus either a team from the WAC or the Mid-American Conference. Conference USA will be the WAC opponent in the inaugural ConAgra Foods Hawai‘i Bowl. The Crucial.com Humanitarian Bowl will feature the WAC versus a Big 12 team.

The WAC’s opponent in the Silicon Valley Football Classic will be a team from the Pac-10. The Crucial.com Humanitarian Bowl is in its sixth year and has featured two WAC teams including last year’s champion Louisiana Tech. The Silicon Valley Football Classic is in its third year, and Fresno State has been the WAC’s participant the previous two years. The WAC returns to the fourth-year GMAC Bowl where it provided opponents the first two seasons in 1999 and 2000.
The Q
Varsity

Re: WAC teams in bowls

Postby Dement-ed » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:06 pm

So based on the way the team has improved from Week 1 to Week 2 to Week 3, we still have a legitimate chance to make a bowl! Of course, we have to abandon the moral victories found in merely improving and start winning games. But there aren't four teams in the WAC that are clearly better than we are. We can get this done.
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Return to Football