PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Play Bartel

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Play Bartel

Postby sam » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:49 am

What is up? Why have we not seen Bartel? Bennett still covering his [deleted] with statements like "we outplayed them in the second half" hey coach, that was their second and third units we outscored, and if you remember they gave you a gimme when they went for it on 4th down from the 7 yd. line. Play Bartel,I for one am sick of your coaching and blaming the losses on lack of talent-more like lack of coaching to me.Remember you are the one that lost to the worst team in the nation with 9 months to prepare for them. Play Bartel!

[This message has been edited by sam (edited 09-25-2002).]
sam
Junior Varsity

Re: Play Bartel

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:58 am

Not gonna happen.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUguy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:10 pm

Bennett's track record speaks for itself. Coaching is not the problem. The guys are working hard and still learning the new systems. They'll get this thing turned around, with or without "fans" like sam.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby sam » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:31 pm

Tell me Mr.SMUguy are you of the mind set that we did not have the talent to have won at least one game of the first four. I would be willing to bet you were one of the ones saying that we would go 7-5 or 6-6 and if that is the case we had the talent before thes season started.
sam
Junior Varsity

Postby ProudPonyPa » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:42 pm

Sam, in Bennett's press conferences, he has not blamed lack of talent. He has taken much of the responsibility.
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby sam » Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:16 am

PPP,you need to listen or read 5 with Phil and I don't mean this to be rude but you have not heard the things he has told the team.He publicly place the blame on one game to a freshman kicker and another on our corners and privately he passes around alot of blame.
sam
Junior Varsity

Return to Football