PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

THE BONE

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

THE BONE

Postby SHAQFU » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:48 am

Since we have nothing close to a QB, why don't we just switch our offense?

After talking with a fellow ponyfan over the weekend, I have come to the conclusion that we should move Jonas Rutledge to QB. Now before JustAFriend gets too upset, I would like to make my case.

Put Jonas at QB, Briggs at FB and ShanD and KK at Half Backs. I'd say that is a pretty impressive backfield.

1. We can't throw the ball.
2. Our offensive line is not big enought to run this offense.
3. We need to adopt a new strategy. The bone will put the ball in the hands of our best players.

I know that this will probably never happen, but I thought it would be something to throw on the table.

Rogers, clean it up buddy. Also, why haven't I seen any of your famous conversations in the newspaper?
SHAQFU
Scout Team

Re: THE BONE

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:42 am

Jonas isn't a QB. But Jamey Harper was at Atlanta HS. And he ran the option well there, and could run the 'Bone. He has unbelievable athetic ability. He could run the 'Bone. But I don't think you switch offenses entirely in midseason unless you're out of QBs.

Postby JustAFriend » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:39 pm

Thats ridiculous. You have nothing close to a qb? No you just haven't played him yet. Dont pass judgement on something you know nothing about.
JustAFriend
Junior Varsity

Postby DallasDiehard » Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:56 pm

Some of us are out watching practice several times a day. We know what we have. And you have to admit that *IF* we were to install the 'Bone as the base offense, Bartel isn't the man to run that. He's got a big arm and he can run an offense that throws the ball, but this thread is merely speculation about who should run the offense if we went to the wishbone fulltime.

[This message has been edited by DallasDiehard (edited 09-30-2002).]
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby JustAFriend » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:27 pm

I could not agree more. Bartel is certainly not the qb for the wishbone. Carry on.
JustAFriend
Junior Varsity

Return to Football